Katt Williams Told to Pay Recording Studio Owner $570,000
Comedian Katt Williams has been ordered to hand over more than $570,000 to a recording studio owner who alleged the star's dog attacked his pet pooch. The rapper/comedian was targeted in a lawsuit from Merion Powers, who claimed Williams used his Atlanta, Georgia facilities to record comedy routines in October 2009, but allegedly failed to pay for the studio time.
Powers alleged the star's dog attacked one of his own pets during the recording sessions and he later met up with Williams to discuss the incident and collect the $28,600 bill. The studio owner alleged he was restrained by one of the funnyman's bodyguards, while the star punched him in the face and threatened to kill him, and Powers filed suit demanding at least $1 million in damages.
A judge has ruled in Powers' favor in the case - and Williams will have to pay $577,929, according to TMZ.com.
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'