Katt Williams Told to Pay Recording Studio Owner $570,000
Comedian Katt Williams has been ordered to hand over more than $570,000 to a recording studio owner who alleged the star's dog attacked his pet pooch. The rapper/comedian was targeted in a lawsuit from Merion Powers, who claimed Williams used his Atlanta, Georgia facilities to record comedy routines in October 2009, but allegedly failed to pay for the studio time.
Powers alleged the star's dog attacked one of his own pets during the recording sessions and he later met up with Williams to discuss the incident and collect the $28,600 bill. The studio owner alleged he was restrained by one of the funnyman's bodyguards, while the star punched him in the face and threatened to kill him, and Powers filed suit demanding at least $1 million in damages.
A judge has ruled in Powers' favor in the case - and Williams will have to pay $577,929, according to TMZ.com.
More Katt Williams News
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!