Miley Cyrus Condemned for Smoking Bong
Miley Cyrus has come under fire from anti-drugs campaigners, who have criticized the teenage star after she was caught on camera allegedly smoking a hallucinogenic legal high. A video of the Hannah Montana singer/actress puffing on a bong emerged online on Friday, December 10, much to the dismay of her father, Billy Ray Cyrus, who insisted he was saddened by the footage.
The 18 year old, who is shown giggling and babbling incoherently in the film, is said to have been smoking controversial but legal psychoactive plant Salvia, and experts are already stepping forward to condemn Cyrus' actions.
Former California State Assemblyman, Anthony Adams, who attempted to have the substance banned in the state back in 2007, is adamant the young star is setting a bad example. He tells TMZ.com, "You do incredibly crazy things (under the influence of Salvia). Miley is a star and young kids are going to emulate her behavior. It's time for state and federal governments to renew their push toward an outright ban (of this substance)."
A spokesperson for America's Drug Enforcement Administration adds, "Salvia is a drug of concern. We are taking steps to look further into it..."
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7