Miley Cyrus Condemned for Smoking Bong
Miley Cyrus has come under fire from anti-drugs campaigners, who have criticized the teenage star after she was caught on camera allegedly smoking a hallucinogenic legal high. A video of the Hannah Montana singer/actress puffing on a bong emerged online on Friday, December 10, much to the dismay of her father, Billy Ray Cyrus, who insisted he was saddened by the footage.
The 18 year old, who is shown giggling and babbling incoherently in the film, is said to have been smoking controversial but legal psychoactive plant Salvia, and experts are already stepping forward to condemn Cyrus' actions.
Former California State Assemblyman, Anthony Adams, who attempted to have the substance banned in the state back in 2007, is adamant the young star is setting a bad example. He tells TMZ.com, "You do incredibly crazy things (under the influence of Salvia). Miley is a star and young kids are going to emulate her behavior. It's time for state and federal governments to renew their push toward an outright ban (of this substance)."
A spokesperson for America's Drug Enforcement Administration adds, "Salvia is a drug of concern. We are taking steps to look further into it..."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival