Miley Cyrus Condemned for Smoking Bong
Miley Cyrus has come under fire from anti-drugs campaigners, who have criticized the teenage star after she was caught on camera allegedly smoking a hallucinogenic legal high. A video of the Hannah Montana singer/actress puffing on a bong emerged online on Friday, December 10, much to the dismay of her father, Billy Ray Cyrus, who insisted he was saddened by the footage.
The 18 year old, who is shown giggling and babbling incoherently in the film, is said to have been smoking controversial but legal psychoactive plant Salvia, and experts are already stepping forward to condemn Cyrus' actions.
Former California State Assemblyman, Anthony Adams, who attempted to have the substance banned in the state back in 2007, is adamant the young star is setting a bad example. He tells TMZ.com, "You do incredibly crazy things (under the influence of Salvia). Miley is a star and young kids are going to emulate her behavior. It's time for state and federal governments to renew their push toward an outright ban (of this substance)."
A spokesperson for America's Drug Enforcement Administration adds, "Salvia is a drug of concern. We are taking steps to look further into it..."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier