Nick Cannon Denies Wife Mariah Carey Is Carrying Twins
Mariah Carey's husband Nick Cannon has laughed off rumors his wife is pregnant with twins - insisting the singer simply made a slip-up in a recent interview. The pop superstar announced earlier this year she is expecting her first child with the rapper/actor in the spring.
Reports suggesting Carey is expecting a double bundle of joy later emerged after the "Hero" hitmaker referred to her baby as "they". But Cannon has now explained the slip, insisting Carey was just being careful not to mention the baby's sex - because neither of them knows what gender it is.
He tells Access Hollywood, "That (twins) rumour came from an interview Mariah did where she was talking about her Christmas album and how she's been singing so much, and she referred to her stomach as 'they'."
"She said, 'I hope they don't hate Christmas.' From there we heard all of these twin rumours... But we want to be surprised (about the sex of the baby). We were told that it's going be one of the biggest surprises of your lifetime to see what the sex of the baby is, so, we're trying to wait. But you never know."
More Nick Cannon News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed