Nick Cannon Denies Wife Mariah Carey Is Carrying Twins
Mariah Carey's husband Nick Cannon has laughed off rumors his wife is pregnant with twins - insisting the singer simply made a slip-up in a recent interview. The pop superstar announced earlier this year she is expecting her first child with the rapper/actor in the spring.
Reports suggesting Carey is expecting a double bundle of joy later emerged after the "Hero" hitmaker referred to her baby as "they". But Cannon has now explained the slip, insisting Carey was just being careful not to mention the baby's sex - because neither of them knows what gender it is.
He tells Access Hollywood, "That (twins) rumour came from an interview Mariah did where she was talking about her Christmas album and how she's been singing so much, and she referred to her stomach as 'they'."
"She said, 'I hope they don't hate Christmas.' From there we heard all of these twin rumours... But we want to be surprised (about the sex of the baby). We were told that it's going be one of the biggest surprises of your lifetime to see what the sex of the baby is, so, we're trying to wait. But you never know."
More Nick Cannon News
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head