Prince Charles Entertained by Kylie Minogue and Cheryl Cole After Car Attack
Kylie Minogue, Cheryl Cole and Take That took to the stage at the U.K.'s Royal Variety Performance on Thursday night, December 9 to entertain Prince Charles, shortly after his car was attacked by protesters. The heir-to-the-British throne and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, were being chauffeured to the Palladium Theatre in London to attend the annual event when unruly student demonstrators ambushed their vehicle during a violent protest against a rise in university tuition fees.
The couple was unharmed in the incident, which saw their car pelted with eggs and paint and kicked by protesters, but they were left visibly shocked by the onslaught. The royals refused to let the attack keep them from the show and they carried out their duties by greeting the night's performers, including Minogue and recently reformed five-piece Take That, who sang two songs at the event.
During the glitzy bash Girls Aloud star Cole performed her new solo track "The Flood", while British hip-hop trio N-Dubz made their Royal Variety debut. Tenor Russell Watson sang a rendition of "Parla Piu Piano", best known as the love theme from "The Godfather", while former Kinks frontman Ray Davies also performed.
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry