Prince Charles Entertained by Kylie Minogue and Cheryl Cole After Car Attack
Kylie Minogue, Cheryl Cole and Take That took to the stage at the U.K.'s Royal Variety Performance on Thursday night, December 9 to entertain Prince Charles, shortly after his car was attacked by protesters. The heir-to-the-British throne and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, were being chauffeured to the Palladium Theatre in London to attend the annual event when unruly student demonstrators ambushed their vehicle during a violent protest against a rise in university tuition fees.
The couple was unharmed in the incident, which saw their car pelted with eggs and paint and kicked by protesters, but they were left visibly shocked by the onslaught. The royals refused to let the attack keep them from the show and they carried out their duties by greeting the night's performers, including Minogue and recently reformed five-piece Take That, who sang two songs at the event.
During the glitzy bash Girls Aloud star Cole performed her new solo track "The Flood", while British hip-hop trio N-Dubz made their Royal Variety debut. Tenor Russell Watson sang a rendition of "Parla Piu Piano", best known as the love theme from "The Godfather", while former Kinks frontman Ray Davies also performed.
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik