Prince Charles Entertained by Kylie Minogue and Cheryl Cole After Car Attack
Kylie Minogue, Cheryl Cole and Take That took to the stage at the U.K.'s Royal Variety Performance on Thursday night, December 9 to entertain Prince Charles, shortly after his car was attacked by protesters. The heir-to-the-British throne and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, were being chauffeured to the Palladium Theatre in London to attend the annual event when unruly student demonstrators ambushed their vehicle during a violent protest against a rise in university tuition fees.
The couple was unharmed in the incident, which saw their car pelted with eggs and paint and kicked by protesters, but they were left visibly shocked by the onslaught. The royals refused to let the attack keep them from the show and they carried out their duties by greeting the night's performers, including Minogue and recently reformed five-piece Take That, who sang two songs at the event.
During the glitzy bash Girls Aloud star Cole performed her new solo track "The Flood", while British hip-hop trio N-Dubz made their Royal Variety debut. Tenor Russell Watson sang a rendition of "Parla Piu Piano", best known as the love theme from "The Godfather", while former Kinks frontman Ray Davies also performed.
More Kylie Minogue News
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?