Bret Michaels Feels Positive About Upcoming Heart Surgery
Bret Michaels is readying himself for his upcoming heart surgery in January 2011. He's taking new medication and feeling "positive" about the operation. The Poison star is booked in to go under the knife to repair a hole in his heart and his doctors have implemented a strict new medical regime ahead of the procedure.
Michaels admits he found the idea of a heart operation terrifying at first, but he's now feeling much calmer about the looming surgery. He tells People.com, "I gotta tell ya, I'm very positive. I feel positive they're going to do an amazing job. They've done thousands of these operations."
"We switched out from (blood thinning medication) Lovenox now and there are two new blood thinners (including) Coumadi... I'd say if everything goes well, I'll spend about three days in the hospital. And then about three weeks after that just really, really, really taking it easy."
"(The days after the operation are) the more scary part for me. Once you do this operation, your heart, you're hoping there's no infection. You're hoping there's no clot. There's a lot of things you got to watch out for... And being diabetic increases that tenfold."
"It's 95 per cent unbelievably great results. Of course, there's always the five per cent risk at anything you do with this kind of thing and I'm hoping I'll be in the 95 per cent category." Michaels has suffered numerous health setbacks over the last year - he underwent an emergency appendectomy before collapsing from a near-fatal brain haemorrhage in April this year and later suffered a stroke. He was subsequently diagnosed with the hole in his heart.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack