Bret Michaels Feels Positive About Upcoming Heart Surgery
Bret Michaels is readying himself for his upcoming heart surgery in January 2011. He's taking new medication and feeling "positive" about the operation. The Poison star is booked in to go under the knife to repair a hole in his heart and his doctors have implemented a strict new medical regime ahead of the procedure.
Michaels admits he found the idea of a heart operation terrifying at first, but he's now feeling much calmer about the looming surgery. He tells People.com, "I gotta tell ya, I'm very positive. I feel positive they're going to do an amazing job. They've done thousands of these operations."
"We switched out from (blood thinning medication) Lovenox now and there are two new blood thinners (including) Coumadi... I'd say if everything goes well, I'll spend about three days in the hospital. And then about three weeks after that just really, really, really taking it easy."
"(The days after the operation are) the more scary part for me. Once you do this operation, your heart, you're hoping there's no infection. You're hoping there's no clot. There's a lot of things you got to watch out for... And being diabetic increases that tenfold."
"It's 95 per cent unbelievably great results. Of course, there's always the five per cent risk at anything you do with this kind of thing and I'm hoping I'll be in the 95 per cent category." Michaels has suffered numerous health setbacks over the last year - he underwent an emergency appendectomy before collapsing from a near-fatal brain haemorrhage in April this year and later suffered a stroke. He was subsequently diagnosed with the hole in his heart.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'