Mel Gibson's Private Photos Canceled Church Service
Mel Gibson has reportedly stopped congregational services at his California church after paparazzi photos of the actor and his daughter at the institution surfaced online this week. Photos of Gibson and baby Lucia, his daughter with ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, were taken on the grounds of Holy Family Chapel in Agoura at the weekend, before appearing on TMZ.com on Tuesday.
A source tells the website the actor has now shut down mass services because he was "extremely concerned about the invasion of privacy". Instead, Gibson is reportedly offering only limited services for long term parishioners for an undisclosed period of time. Church members are said to have received an email from officials on Wednesday, December 8 stating, "There will be no Masses here at Holy Family Chapel until further notice."
Gibson is currently battling for custody of 13-month-old Lucia with Russian singer Grigorieva. The former couple split earlier this year.
More Mel Gibson News
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos