Mel Gibson's Private Photos Canceled Church Service
Mel Gibson has reportedly stopped congregational services at his California church after paparazzi photos of the actor and his daughter at the institution surfaced online this week. Photos of Gibson and baby Lucia, his daughter with ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, were taken on the grounds of Holy Family Chapel in Agoura at the weekend, before appearing on TMZ.com on Tuesday.
A source tells the website the actor has now shut down mass services because he was "extremely concerned about the invasion of privacy". Instead, Gibson is reportedly offering only limited services for long term parishioners for an undisclosed period of time. Church members are said to have received an email from officials on Wednesday, December 8 stating, "There will be no Masses here at Holy Family Chapel until further notice."
Gibson is currently battling for custody of 13-month-old Lucia with Russian singer Grigorieva. The former couple split earlier this year.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences