Angelina Jolie Calls for New Law to Protect Celebs From Paparazzi
Angelina Jolie is calling for a new law to protect celebrities and their families from unscrupulous photographers who get too close to stars' kids. The Hollywood actress has six children with her partner Brad Pitt and the famous family is a regular target for the paparazzi.
Jolie admits some snappers scare the youngsters by getting too close, and although she doesn't want to stop the photographers doing their job, she wishes a law was in place to force them to keep their distance and use long lenses to avoid unnerving the children.
She tells Larry King, "I do think and I do hope that there will at some point be laws about how close they can get to children with cameras. Because I think at some point it's going to be clearer that it's emotionally not healthy. And with long lenses, there's no need."
"You know I'm somebody that I would like there to be a law about the distance they have to children. So I think we work for things like that. Something simple and practical." She adds, "We try not to get them in the middle of it... When they do, we just have to kind of smile and say, 'Don't worry, it's not scary, they just like to take pictures'."
"As a parent, the only thing you can do is try to make sure they don't feel it's a threat, you don't act like it's a threat, and you just keep smiling so they don't feel anything negative." Jolie's partner Pitt has previously called for a law to protect children, insisting he has "no respect" for snappers who follow the family and call out the kids' names in a bid to get a shot.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'