Struck With Kidney Stones, Tim Burton to Display It With His Awards
Director Tim Burton was left in agony over the weekend - he's suffering from painful kidney stones. The "Alice in Wonderland" filmmaker missed his longterm partner Helena Bonham Carter's Best Supporting Actress win at the British Independent Film Awards (BIFAs) on Sunday, December 5.
The Brit stunned the audience by explaining Burton's absence, revealing he was at home dealing with the painful procedure of passing the stones. She told the star-studded crowd, "I want to quickly say thank you to my support team, which is my mother who is over there and my dear boyfriend, who sadly is not here. He is pushing out a kidney stone as we speak."
However she is adamant the agony was worth it - Burton is planning to display the foreign object along with his awards. She adds to Film 2010, "I can see, we're going to have it (the kidney stone) on our mantle piece. We're going to have award, award, kidney stone, kidney stone and (with) the kidney stone (Burton) is going to be like, 'This is what I produced!' "
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake