Struck With Kidney Stones, Tim Burton to Display It With His Awards
Director Tim Burton was left in agony over the weekend - he's suffering from painful kidney stones. The "Alice in Wonderland" filmmaker missed his longterm partner Helena Bonham Carter's Best Supporting Actress win at the British Independent Film Awards (BIFAs) on Sunday, December 5.
The Brit stunned the audience by explaining Burton's absence, revealing he was at home dealing with the painful procedure of passing the stones. She told the star-studded crowd, "I want to quickly say thank you to my support team, which is my mother who is over there and my dear boyfriend, who sadly is not here. He is pushing out a kidney stone as we speak."
However she is adamant the agony was worth it - Burton is planning to display the foreign object along with his awards. She adds to Film 2010, "I can see, we're going to have it (the kidney stone) on our mantle piece. We're going to have award, award, kidney stone, kidney stone and (with) the kidney stone (Burton) is going to be like, 'This is what I produced!' "
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?