Struck With Kidney Stones, Tim Burton to Display It With His Awards
Director Tim Burton was left in agony over the weekend - he's suffering from painful kidney stones. The "Alice in Wonderland" filmmaker missed his longterm partner Helena Bonham Carter's Best Supporting Actress win at the British Independent Film Awards (BIFAs) on Sunday, December 5.
The Brit stunned the audience by explaining Burton's absence, revealing he was at home dealing with the painful procedure of passing the stones. She told the star-studded crowd, "I want to quickly say thank you to my support team, which is my mother who is over there and my dear boyfriend, who sadly is not here. He is pushing out a kidney stone as we speak."
However she is adamant the agony was worth it - Burton is planning to display the foreign object along with his awards. She adds to Film 2010, "I can see, we're going to have it (the kidney stone) on our mantle piece. We're going to have award, award, kidney stone, kidney stone and (with) the kidney stone (Burton) is going to be like, 'This is what I produced!' "
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences