Struck With Kidney Stones, Tim Burton to Display It With His Awards
Director Tim Burton was left in agony over the weekend - he's suffering from painful kidney stones. The "Alice in Wonderland" filmmaker missed his longterm partner Helena Bonham Carter's Best Supporting Actress win at the British Independent Film Awards (BIFAs) on Sunday, December 5.
The Brit stunned the audience by explaining Burton's absence, revealing he was at home dealing with the painful procedure of passing the stones. She told the star-studded crowd, "I want to quickly say thank you to my support team, which is my mother who is over there and my dear boyfriend, who sadly is not here. He is pushing out a kidney stone as we speak."
However she is adamant the agony was worth it - Burton is planning to display the foreign object along with his awards. She adds to Film 2010, "I can see, we're going to have it (the kidney stone) on our mantle piece. We're going to have award, award, kidney stone, kidney stone and (with) the kidney stone (Burton) is going to be like, 'This is what I produced!' "
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns