Struck With Kidney Stones, Tim Burton to Display It With His Awards
Director Tim Burton was left in agony over the weekend - he's suffering from painful kidney stones. The "Alice in Wonderland" filmmaker missed his longterm partner Helena Bonham Carter's Best Supporting Actress win at the British Independent Film Awards (BIFAs) on Sunday, December 5.
The Brit stunned the audience by explaining Burton's absence, revealing he was at home dealing with the painful procedure of passing the stones. She told the star-studded crowd, "I want to quickly say thank you to my support team, which is my mother who is over there and my dear boyfriend, who sadly is not here. He is pushing out a kidney stone as we speak."
However she is adamant the agony was worth it - Burton is planning to display the foreign object along with his awards. She adds to Film 2010, "I can see, we're going to have it (the kidney stone) on our mantle piece. We're going to have award, award, kidney stone, kidney stone and (with) the kidney stone (Burton) is going to be like, 'This is what I produced!' "
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo