Police: Publicist Ronni Chasen Shot in Botched Burglary
Beverly Hills police officials have ruled slain publicist Ronni Chasen was the victim of a botched burglary. At a press conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday, December 8, Sergeant Michael Publicker of the Beverly Hills Police Department told reporters officials investigating the death believed desperate Harold Martin Smith killed the PR guru last month after she refused to hand over her belongings when he waved down her car as she drove home from a film premiere party.
Police also believe Smith, who had a long criminal record, acted alone and may have shot the publicist while riding a bike. Sgt. Publicker says, "It was a random act of violence, more a robbery gone bad."
Police have not confirmed if Smith was the man who shot himself dead as cops approached him in the lobby of the Harvey Apartments in Los Angeles on December 1. That unidentified man had reportedly bragged about murdering Chasen for a $10,000 fee.
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere