Police: Publicist Ronni Chasen Shot in Botched Burglary
Beverly Hills police officials have ruled slain publicist Ronni Chasen was the victim of a botched burglary. At a press conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday, December 8, Sergeant Michael Publicker of the Beverly Hills Police Department told reporters officials investigating the death believed desperate Harold Martin Smith killed the PR guru last month after she refused to hand over her belongings when he waved down her car as she drove home from a film premiere party.
Police also believe Smith, who had a long criminal record, acted alone and may have shot the publicist while riding a bike. Sgt. Publicker says, "It was a random act of violence, more a robbery gone bad."
Police have not confirmed if Smith was the man who shot himself dead as cops approached him in the lobby of the Harvey Apartments in Los Angeles on December 1. That unidentified man had reportedly bragged about murdering Chasen for a $10,000 fee.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed