Police: Publicist Ronni Chasen Shot in Botched Burglary
Beverly Hills police officials have ruled slain publicist Ronni Chasen was the victim of a botched burglary. At a press conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday, December 8, Sergeant Michael Publicker of the Beverly Hills Police Department told reporters officials investigating the death believed desperate Harold Martin Smith killed the PR guru last month after she refused to hand over her belongings when he waved down her car as she drove home from a film premiere party.
Police also believe Smith, who had a long criminal record, acted alone and may have shot the publicist while riding a bike. Sgt. Publicker says, "It was a random act of violence, more a robbery gone bad."
Police have not confirmed if Smith was the man who shot himself dead as cops approached him in the lobby of the Harvey Apartments in Los Angeles on December 1. That unidentified man had reportedly bragged about murdering Chasen for a $10,000 fee.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?