Police: Publicist Ronni Chasen Shot in Botched Burglary
Beverly Hills police officials have ruled slain publicist Ronni Chasen was the victim of a botched burglary. At a press conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday, December 8, Sergeant Michael Publicker of the Beverly Hills Police Department told reporters officials investigating the death believed desperate Harold Martin Smith killed the PR guru last month after she refused to hand over her belongings when he waved down her car as she drove home from a film premiere party.
Police also believe Smith, who had a long criminal record, acted alone and may have shot the publicist while riding a bike. Sgt. Publicker says, "It was a random act of violence, more a robbery gone bad."
Police have not confirmed if Smith was the man who shot himself dead as cops approached him in the lobby of the Harvey Apartments in Los Angeles on December 1. That unidentified man had reportedly bragged about murdering Chasen for a $10,000 fee.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival