Police: Publicist Ronni Chasen Shot in Botched Burglary
Beverly Hills police officials have ruled slain publicist Ronni Chasen was the victim of a botched burglary. At a press conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday, December 8, Sergeant Michael Publicker of the Beverly Hills Police Department told reporters officials investigating the death believed desperate Harold Martin Smith killed the PR guru last month after she refused to hand over her belongings when he waved down her car as she drove home from a film premiere party.
Police also believe Smith, who had a long criminal record, acted alone and may have shot the publicist while riding a bike. Sgt. Publicker says, "It was a random act of violence, more a robbery gone bad."
Police have not confirmed if Smith was the man who shot himself dead as cops approached him in the lobby of the Harvey Apartments in Los Angeles on December 1. That unidentified man had reportedly bragged about murdering Chasen for a $10,000 fee.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding