Hugh Jackman Seeks Advice From The Rock to Bulk Up
Hugh Jackman has been taking tips from former wrestler Dwayne Johnson as he struggles to bulk up for his latest "Wolverine" movie. The Australian actor is bringing his "X-Men" character back for a second solo outing and director Darren Aronofsky has ordered him to hit the gym and make sure he is even more muscled for the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" sequel.
Jackman admits he's finding it tough to put on 25 pounds of muscle for the role as the clawed mutant before filming begins early next year, so he called The Rock for advice. He tells EW.com, "(Twenty five pounds) is more than I ever have (put on) for the role. It's not easy for me. Because I'm actually quite long and lean. I had a chat with Dwayne Johnson, who did 25 pounds for his movie (Faster). I rang him up and was like, 'Okay, tell me what's going on'."
The website reports Jackman followed Johnson's tips and is now consuming around 6,000 calories a day to gain the extra muscle, gorging on chicken, steak, and brown rice.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'