Hugh Jackman Seeks Advice From The Rock to Bulk Up
Hugh Jackman has been taking tips from former wrestler Dwayne Johnson as he struggles to bulk up for his latest "Wolverine" movie. The Australian actor is bringing his "X-Men" character back for a second solo outing and director Darren Aronofsky has ordered him to hit the gym and make sure he is even more muscled for the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" sequel.
Jackman admits he's finding it tough to put on 25 pounds of muscle for the role as the clawed mutant before filming begins early next year, so he called The Rock for advice. He tells EW.com, "(Twenty five pounds) is more than I ever have (put on) for the role. It's not easy for me. Because I'm actually quite long and lean. I had a chat with Dwayne Johnson, who did 25 pounds for his movie (Faster). I rang him up and was like, 'Okay, tell me what's going on'."
The website reports Jackman followed Johnson's tips and is now consuming around 6,000 calories a day to gain the extra muscle, gorging on chicken, steak, and brown rice.
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M