Hugh Jackman Seeks Advice From The Rock to Bulk Up
Hugh Jackman has been taking tips from former wrestler Dwayne Johnson as he struggles to bulk up for his latest "Wolverine" movie. The Australian actor is bringing his "X-Men" character back for a second solo outing and director Darren Aronofsky has ordered him to hit the gym and make sure he is even more muscled for the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" sequel.
Jackman admits he's finding it tough to put on 25 pounds of muscle for the role as the clawed mutant before filming begins early next year, so he called The Rock for advice. He tells EW.com, "(Twenty five pounds) is more than I ever have (put on) for the role. It's not easy for me. Because I'm actually quite long and lean. I had a chat with Dwayne Johnson, who did 25 pounds for his movie (Faster). I rang him up and was like, 'Okay, tell me what's going on'."
The website reports Jackman followed Johnson's tips and is now consuming around 6,000 calories a day to gain the extra muscle, gorging on chicken, steak, and brown rice.
More Hugh Jackman News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group