Hugh Jackman Seeks Advice From The Rock to Bulk Up
Hugh Jackman has been taking tips from former wrestler Dwayne Johnson as he struggles to bulk up for his latest "Wolverine" movie. The Australian actor is bringing his "X-Men" character back for a second solo outing and director Darren Aronofsky has ordered him to hit the gym and make sure he is even more muscled for the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" sequel.
Jackman admits he's finding it tough to put on 25 pounds of muscle for the role as the clawed mutant before filming begins early next year, so he called The Rock for advice. He tells EW.com, "(Twenty five pounds) is more than I ever have (put on) for the role. It's not easy for me. Because I'm actually quite long and lean. I had a chat with Dwayne Johnson, who did 25 pounds for his movie (Faster). I rang him up and was like, 'Okay, tell me what's going on'."
The website reports Jackman followed Johnson's tips and is now consuming around 6,000 calories a day to gain the extra muscle, gorging on chicken, steak, and brown rice.
More Hugh Jackman News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending