Carey Mulligan Sickened by Her Thin Figure
British actress Carey Mulligan was left disgusted with her appearance after watching her breakthrough movie "An Education", because she was so thin. The rising star landed the role in the acclaimed film after appearing in London's West End in "The Seagull", during which she restricted her diet to soup, breakfast cereal, and salads.
But Mulligan insists she did not enjoy sporting a tiny frame, and admits she was shocked when she could see the outline of her spine when watching the film for the first time. She tells Britain's Elle magazine, "(During The Seagull) I had Weetabix for breakfast, soup for lunch and salad for dinner. 'No, I will not have that glass of wine! Put that pizza away!' It was not fun. I look back and it's really, really not worth depriving yourself. I was very thin at the beginning of 'An Education' and I remember the scene where I'm dancing and you can see my spine. Yuk!"
And the star has vowed never to drop a huge amount of weight again - so young fans aren't tempted to follow her example. She adds, "I would never want to be so thin that someone would think it was a good idea to be thin, and make themselves miserable. I know this sounds w**ky (cliched), but I would never want to set a bad example, basically."
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves