Johnny Depp Felt Stupid for Not Understanding Al Pacino's Joke
Johnny Depp will always be tickled remembering his time working with Al Pacino on "Donnie Brasco" because the Hollywood great told him the same joke over and over again. The actors filmed the mob thriller together in 1997 and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits Pacino's sense of humor made it one of the most memorable shoots of his career - even though it took Depp a while to figure out the gag's punchline.
Depp says, "Al's fantastic, he's a legend. All I knew about Al prior to shooting was that he was certifiably insane. He's a joker but he'd like to tell me this one specific joke over and over. And I really didn't understand it, I didn't get the joke! He thought it was my problem. He inflicted it upon me and I could feel my IQ points drop."
"I finally figured it out. He'd lean over and he'd go, 'John. Skeleton goes into a bar. Orders a beer and a mop.' On a loop. He would howl every time he told the joke."
More Johnny Depp News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test