Johnny Depp Felt Stupid for Not Understanding Al Pacino's Joke
Johnny Depp will always be tickled remembering his time working with Al Pacino on "Donnie Brasco" because the Hollywood great told him the same joke over and over again. The actors filmed the mob thriller together in 1997 and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits Pacino's sense of humor made it one of the most memorable shoots of his career - even though it took Depp a while to figure out the gag's punchline.
Depp says, "Al's fantastic, he's a legend. All I knew about Al prior to shooting was that he was certifiably insane. He's a joker but he'd like to tell me this one specific joke over and over. And I really didn't understand it, I didn't get the joke! He thought it was my problem. He inflicted it upon me and I could feel my IQ points drop."
"I finally figured it out. He'd lean over and he'd go, 'John. Skeleton goes into a bar. Orders a beer and a mop.' On a loop. He would howl every time he told the joke."
More Johnny Depp News
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.