Johnny Depp Felt Stupid for Not Understanding Al Pacino's Joke
Johnny Depp will always be tickled remembering his time working with Al Pacino on "Donnie Brasco" because the Hollywood great told him the same joke over and over again. The actors filmed the mob thriller together in 1997 and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits Pacino's sense of humor made it one of the most memorable shoots of his career - even though it took Depp a while to figure out the gag's punchline.
Depp says, "Al's fantastic, he's a legend. All I knew about Al prior to shooting was that he was certifiably insane. He's a joker but he'd like to tell me this one specific joke over and over. And I really didn't understand it, I didn't get the joke! He thought it was my problem. He inflicted it upon me and I could feel my IQ points drop."
"I finally figured it out. He'd lean over and he'd go, 'John. Skeleton goes into a bar. Orders a beer and a mop.' On a loop. He would howl every time he told the joke."
More Johnny Depp News
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters
- Drew Barrymore Eats Humans in First 'Santa Clarita Diet' Trailer