Johnny Depp Felt Stupid for Not Understanding Al Pacino's Joke
Johnny Depp will always be tickled remembering his time working with Al Pacino on "Donnie Brasco" because the Hollywood great told him the same joke over and over again. The actors filmed the mob thriller together in 1997 and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits Pacino's sense of humor made it one of the most memorable shoots of his career - even though it took Depp a while to figure out the gag's punchline.
Depp says, "Al's fantastic, he's a legend. All I knew about Al prior to shooting was that he was certifiably insane. He's a joker but he'd like to tell me this one specific joke over and over. And I really didn't understand it, I didn't get the joke! He thought it was my problem. He inflicted it upon me and I could feel my IQ points drop."
"I finally figured it out. He'd lean over and he'd go, 'John. Skeleton goes into a bar. Orders a beer and a mop.' On a loop. He would howl every time he told the joke."
More Johnny Depp News
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why