Ricky Martin and Nelly Among Adoption Supporters
Ricky Martin, Maroon 5 and Nelly are among the stars who have performed as part of a U.S. TV special to raise awareness of the importance of adoption. The artists taped their appearances on Tuesday, December 7 for the 12th annual "A Home for the Holidays" show, which features inspirational stories about how adoption and foster care have enhanced Americans' lives.
Puerto Rican pop star Martin insists the cause is close to his heart since becoming a dad to twins in 2008. He says, "It is important because children are not our future. They are our present."
While rapper Nelly admits his heart breaks for children in the foster care system after growing up feeling lonely as a child of divorce. He adds, "Unfortunately, my parents got divorced at a young age, so I bounced around."
"We didn't have a lot of money so I stayed wherever I could. And you get to a certain point where you just want to know somebody cares and somebody's been down that road, but they made it out of it. That's the beautiful thing and that's what I get a chance to show them, is that, 'Yo, you can do it, too'."
The show is due to be broadcast in the U.S. on December 22.
More Ricky Martin News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns