Ricky Martin and Nelly Among Adoption Supporters
Ricky Martin, Maroon 5 and Nelly are among the stars who have performed as part of a U.S. TV special to raise awareness of the importance of adoption. The artists taped their appearances on Tuesday, December 7 for the 12th annual "A Home for the Holidays" show, which features inspirational stories about how adoption and foster care have enhanced Americans' lives.
Puerto Rican pop star Martin insists the cause is close to his heart since becoming a dad to twins in 2008. He says, "It is important because children are not our future. They are our present."
While rapper Nelly admits his heart breaks for children in the foster care system after growing up feeling lonely as a child of divorce. He adds, "Unfortunately, my parents got divorced at a young age, so I bounced around."
"We didn't have a lot of money so I stayed wherever I could. And you get to a certain point where you just want to know somebody cares and somebody's been down that road, but they made it out of it. That's the beautiful thing and that's what I get a chance to show them, is that, 'Yo, you can do it, too'."
The show is due to be broadcast in the U.S. on December 22.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says