Ricky Martin and Nelly Among Adoption Supporters
Ricky Martin, Maroon 5 and Nelly are among the stars who have performed as part of a U.S. TV special to raise awareness of the importance of adoption. The artists taped their appearances on Tuesday, December 7 for the 12th annual "A Home for the Holidays" show, which features inspirational stories about how adoption and foster care have enhanced Americans' lives.
Puerto Rican pop star Martin insists the cause is close to his heart since becoming a dad to twins in 2008. He says, "It is important because children are not our future. They are our present."
While rapper Nelly admits his heart breaks for children in the foster care system after growing up feeling lonely as a child of divorce. He adds, "Unfortunately, my parents got divorced at a young age, so I bounced around."
"We didn't have a lot of money so I stayed wherever I could. And you get to a certain point where you just want to know somebody cares and somebody's been down that road, but they made it out of it. That's the beautiful thing and that's what I get a chance to show them, is that, 'Yo, you can do it, too'."
The show is due to be broadcast in the U.S. on December 22.
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert