Ricky Martin and Nelly Among Adoption Supporters
Ricky Martin, Maroon 5 and Nelly are among the stars who have performed as part of a U.S. TV special to raise awareness of the importance of adoption. The artists taped their appearances on Tuesday, December 7 for the 12th annual "A Home for the Holidays" show, which features inspirational stories about how adoption and foster care have enhanced Americans' lives.
Puerto Rican pop star Martin insists the cause is close to his heart since becoming a dad to twins in 2008. He says, "It is important because children are not our future. They are our present."
While rapper Nelly admits his heart breaks for children in the foster care system after growing up feeling lonely as a child of divorce. He adds, "Unfortunately, my parents got divorced at a young age, so I bounced around."
"We didn't have a lot of money so I stayed wherever I could. And you get to a certain point where you just want to know somebody cares and somebody's been down that road, but they made it out of it. That's the beautiful thing and that's what I get a chance to show them, is that, 'Yo, you can do it, too'."
The show is due to be broadcast in the U.S. on December 22.
More Ricky Martin News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal