Katy Perry Considering Taking Russell Brand's Name
Newly-wed singer Katy Perry is considering changing her last name to seal her union with husband Russell Brand. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker, who was born Katheryn Hudson, wed the funnyman in a lavish ceremony in India in October and admits she likes the idea of becoming Katy Brand.
She tells U.S. talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, "When people try to get my attention, like if I'm at an event or something like that and they want special attention, they go, 'Mrs. Brand!' And I go (turns head) shwoosh!" And when asked whether she would consider taking Brand's name as her own, Perry replied, "I am, actually."
During the appearance, Perry also came to perform her latest single "Firework".
More Katy Perry News
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds