Katy Perry Considering Taking Russell Brand's Name
Newly-wed singer Katy Perry is considering changing her last name to seal her union with husband Russell Brand. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker, who was born Katheryn Hudson, wed the funnyman in a lavish ceremony in India in October and admits she likes the idea of becoming Katy Brand.
She tells U.S. talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, "When people try to get my attention, like if I'm at an event or something like that and they want special attention, they go, 'Mrs. Brand!' And I go (turns head) shwoosh!" And when asked whether she would consider taking Brand's name as her own, Perry replied, "I am, actually."
During the appearance, Perry also came to perform her latest single "Firework".
More Katy Perry News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby