Katy Perry Considering Taking Russell Brand's Name
Newly-wed singer Katy Perry is considering changing her last name to seal her union with husband Russell Brand. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker, who was born Katheryn Hudson, wed the funnyman in a lavish ceremony in India in October and admits she likes the idea of becoming Katy Brand.
She tells U.S. talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, "When people try to get my attention, like if I'm at an event or something like that and they want special attention, they go, 'Mrs. Brand!' And I go (turns head) shwoosh!" And when asked whether she would consider taking Brand's name as her own, Perry replied, "I am, actually."
During the appearance, Perry also came to perform her latest single "Firework".
More Katy Perry News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'