Katy Perry Considering Taking Russell Brand's Name
Newly-wed singer Katy Perry is considering changing her last name to seal her union with husband Russell Brand. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker, who was born Katheryn Hudson, wed the funnyman in a lavish ceremony in India in October and admits she likes the idea of becoming Katy Brand.
She tells U.S. talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, "When people try to get my attention, like if I'm at an event or something like that and they want special attention, they go, 'Mrs. Brand!' And I go (turns head) shwoosh!" And when asked whether she would consider taking Brand's name as her own, Perry replied, "I am, actually."
During the appearance, Perry also came to perform her latest single "Firework".
More Katy Perry News
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated