Demi Lovato Seeks 'Amicable Resolution' With Alex Welch
Demi Lovato's lawyers are seeking to prevent a legal battle with a dancer who accused the Disney star of punching her by offering a financial settlement, according to a new report. Attorneys for the actress/singer are believed to have contacted Alex Welch about agreeing a deal outside of court after she threatened to "pursue litigation" against Lovato for alleged assault.
Lovato is said to have lost her temper and lashed out at Welch in October while they were traveling on a plane, leaving the backing dancer with a black eye and a bruised cheekbone. The 18-year-old star subsequently pulled out of a world tour with the Jonas Brothers to check into rehab for undisclosed "emotional and physical issues".
Welch spoke out about the rumored incident earlier this week, revealing she plans to take Lovato to court if she refuses to apologize - but the two parties now appear to be resolving their dispute. Welch's lawyer Don Karpel tells GossipCop.com he is currently "in discussion with the other side", while a representative for Lovato adds: "Demi's attorneys have had an initial discussion with Mr. Karpel. They are exploring the possibility of an amicable resolution of this matter."
More Demi Lovato News
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!