Demi Lovato Seeks 'Amicable Resolution' With Alex Welch
Demi Lovato's lawyers are seeking to prevent a legal battle with a dancer who accused the Disney star of punching her by offering a financial settlement, according to a new report. Attorneys for the actress/singer are believed to have contacted Alex Welch about agreeing a deal outside of court after she threatened to "pursue litigation" against Lovato for alleged assault.
Lovato is said to have lost her temper and lashed out at Welch in October while they were traveling on a plane, leaving the backing dancer with a black eye and a bruised cheekbone. The 18-year-old star subsequently pulled out of a world tour with the Jonas Brothers to check into rehab for undisclosed "emotional and physical issues".
Welch spoke out about the rumored incident earlier this week, revealing she plans to take Lovato to court if she refuses to apologize - but the two parties now appear to be resolving their dispute. Welch's lawyer Don Karpel tells GossipCop.com he is currently "in discussion with the other side", while a representative for Lovato adds: "Demi's attorneys have had an initial discussion with Mr. Karpel. They are exploring the possibility of an amicable resolution of this matter."
More Demi Lovato News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences