'Glee' Star Chris Colfer to Make Movie Debut With 'Struck by Lightning'
"Glee" star Chris Colfer is set to be "Struck by Lightning" when he makes his movie debut in his own comedy. The Emmy-nominated actor wrote the script for the coming-of-age film himself and has teamed up with "Youth in Revolt" producer David Permut to bring the project to the big screen.
And Permut admits he was blown away by the quality of the screenplay, comparing Colfer's talents to that of late director John Hughes. He tells industry paper Daily Variety, "I was very impressed with how sophisticated (Colfer's) writing is. He may be only 20 but he's an old soul."
The movie will be shopped around studios in the New Year and production is scheduled to begin next summer.
Chris Colfer's "Glee" co-star Lea Michele reportedly will also make big screen debut with "New Year's Eve", a follow-up to romantic comedy "Valentine's Day".
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says