'Glee' Star Chris Colfer to Make Movie Debut With 'Struck by Lightning'
"Glee" star Chris Colfer is set to be "Struck by Lightning" when he makes his movie debut in his own comedy. The Emmy-nominated actor wrote the script for the coming-of-age film himself and has teamed up with "Youth in Revolt" producer David Permut to bring the project to the big screen.
And Permut admits he was blown away by the quality of the screenplay, comparing Colfer's talents to that of late director John Hughes. He tells industry paper Daily Variety, "I was very impressed with how sophisticated (Colfer's) writing is. He may be only 20 but he's an old soul."
The movie will be shopped around studios in the New Year and production is scheduled to begin next summer.
Chris Colfer's "Glee" co-star Lea Michele reportedly will also make big screen debut with "New Year's Eve", a follow-up to romantic comedy "Valentine's Day".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal