'Glee' Star Chris Colfer to Make Movie Debut With 'Struck by Lightning'
"Glee" star Chris Colfer is set to be "Struck by Lightning" when he makes his movie debut in his own comedy. The Emmy-nominated actor wrote the script for the coming-of-age film himself and has teamed up with "Youth in Revolt" producer David Permut to bring the project to the big screen.
And Permut admits he was blown away by the quality of the screenplay, comparing Colfer's talents to that of late director John Hughes. He tells industry paper Daily Variety, "I was very impressed with how sophisticated (Colfer's) writing is. He may be only 20 but he's an old soul."
The movie will be shopped around studios in the New Year and production is scheduled to begin next summer.
Chris Colfer's "Glee" co-star Lea Michele reportedly will also make big screen debut with "New Year's Eve", a follow-up to romantic comedy "Valentine's Day".
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'