'Glee' Star Chris Colfer to Make Movie Debut With 'Struck by Lightning'
"Glee" star Chris Colfer is set to be "Struck by Lightning" when he makes his movie debut in his own comedy. The Emmy-nominated actor wrote the script for the coming-of-age film himself and has teamed up with "Youth in Revolt" producer David Permut to bring the project to the big screen.
And Permut admits he was blown away by the quality of the screenplay, comparing Colfer's talents to that of late director John Hughes. He tells industry paper Daily Variety, "I was very impressed with how sophisticated (Colfer's) writing is. He may be only 20 but he's an old soul."
The movie will be shopped around studios in the New Year and production is scheduled to begin next summer.
Chris Colfer's "Glee" co-star Lea Michele reportedly will also make big screen debut with "New Year's Eve", a follow-up to romantic comedy "Valentine's Day".
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes