'Glee' Star Chris Colfer to Make Movie Debut With 'Struck by Lightning'
"Glee" star Chris Colfer is set to be "Struck by Lightning" when he makes his movie debut in his own comedy. The Emmy-nominated actor wrote the script for the coming-of-age film himself and has teamed up with "Youth in Revolt" producer David Permut to bring the project to the big screen.
And Permut admits he was blown away by the quality of the screenplay, comparing Colfer's talents to that of late director John Hughes. He tells industry paper Daily Variety, "I was very impressed with how sophisticated (Colfer's) writing is. He may be only 20 but he's an old soul."
The movie will be shopped around studios in the New Year and production is scheduled to begin next summer.
Chris Colfer's "Glee" co-star Lea Michele reportedly will also make big screen debut with "New Year's Eve", a follow-up to romantic comedy "Valentine's Day".
- Desperate to Lose Weight, Mariah Carey Opts for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Get a Glimpse of Demi Moore and Eva Longoria in 'Empire' Season 3B Teaser
- Marc Anthony Makes First Red Carpet Appearance With Girlfriend Mariana Downing
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- New Teaser for 'Love Actually' Short Film Reunites Original Cast Members
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods