Leonardo DiCaprio's Slasher Gets Two Years of Jail
A woman accused of slashing Leonardo DiCaprio's face with broken glass in 2005 has been sentenced to two years behind bars after agreeing a plea deal with prosecutors. Aretha Wilson was charged with a felony count for assault with a deadly weapon after cutting the Titanic star during a Hollywood party.
She initially protested her innocence, claiming she had mistaken DiCaprio for a former boyfriend and faced up to seven years in jail. However, she altered her plea in November and pleaded no contest to the charge, minimizing her punishment to two years.
As part of the agreement, Wilson will be deported to her native Canada once she completes the sentence, reports TMZ.com.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip