Leonardo DiCaprio's Slasher Gets Two Years of Jail
A woman accused of slashing Leonardo DiCaprio's face with broken glass in 2005 has been sentenced to two years behind bars after agreeing a plea deal with prosecutors. Aretha Wilson was charged with a felony count for assault with a deadly weapon after cutting the Titanic star during a Hollywood party.
She initially protested her innocence, claiming she had mistaken DiCaprio for a former boyfriend and faced up to seven years in jail. However, she altered her plea in November and pleaded no contest to the charge, minimizing her punishment to two years.
As part of the agreement, Wilson will be deported to her native Canada once she completes the sentence, reports TMZ.com.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'