Jessica Simpson Earns $750 Million Through Fashion and Beauty Lines
Singer Jessica Simpson is on the fast-track to becoming a fashion billionaire - her various clothing and beauty ventures have racked up a huge $750 million in sales in the last year alone. The trendy star has built up a business empire with her shoe, handbag, denim, swimwear and fragrance lines and retail sales of her products have been booming in 2010, according to WWD.com.
Simpson's colleague, Vince Camuto, whose company is the main licensee for the star's own-brand merchandise, is convinced her success is all down to her fan-friendly image. He says, "People like her. People look at her as a style icon."
And she's set to boost her profits in the years to come by launching a new sportswear range next autumn. Simpson says, "This new sportswear line reflects my evolving style, which combines comfort, femininity and flirty fun."
More Jessica Simpson News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly