Jessica Simpson Earns $750 Million Through Fashion and Beauty Lines
Singer Jessica Simpson is on the fast-track to becoming a fashion billionaire - her various clothing and beauty ventures have racked up a huge $750 million in sales in the last year alone. The trendy star has built up a business empire with her shoe, handbag, denim, swimwear and fragrance lines and retail sales of her products have been booming in 2010, according to WWD.com.
Simpson's colleague, Vince Camuto, whose company is the main licensee for the star's own-brand merchandise, is convinced her success is all down to her fan-friendly image. He says, "People like her. People look at her as a style icon."
And she's set to boost her profits in the years to come by launching a new sportswear range next autumn. Simpson says, "This new sportswear line reflects my evolving style, which combines comfort, femininity and flirty fun."
More Jessica Simpson News
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo