Jessica Simpson Earns $750 Million Through Fashion and Beauty Lines
Singer Jessica Simpson is on the fast-track to becoming a fashion billionaire - her various clothing and beauty ventures have racked up a huge $750 million in sales in the last year alone. The trendy star has built up a business empire with her shoe, handbag, denim, swimwear and fragrance lines and retail sales of her products have been booming in 2010, according to WWD.com.
Simpson's colleague, Vince Camuto, whose company is the main licensee for the star's own-brand merchandise, is convinced her success is all down to her fan-friendly image. He says, "People like her. People look at her as a style icon."
And she's set to boost her profits in the years to come by launching a new sportswear range next autumn. Simpson says, "This new sportswear line reflects my evolving style, which combines comfort, femininity and flirty fun."
More Jessica Simpson News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie