Jessica Simpson Earns $750 Million Through Fashion and Beauty Lines
Singer Jessica Simpson is on the fast-track to becoming a fashion billionaire - her various clothing and beauty ventures have racked up a huge $750 million in sales in the last year alone. The trendy star has built up a business empire with her shoe, handbag, denim, swimwear and fragrance lines and retail sales of her products have been booming in 2010, according to WWD.com.
Simpson's colleague, Vince Camuto, whose company is the main licensee for the star's own-brand merchandise, is convinced her success is all down to her fan-friendly image. He says, "People like her. People look at her as a style icon."
And she's set to boost her profits in the years to come by launching a new sportswear range next autumn. Simpson says, "This new sportswear line reflects my evolving style, which combines comfort, femininity and flirty fun."
More Jessica Simpson News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo