Billy Crystal Gives Oscar Advice to Anne Hathaway and James Franco
Billy Crystal has offered up his top tip to 2011 Academy Awards presenters Anne Hathaway and James Franco to make sure the biggest night in Hollywood is a success: "Look like you really want to be there". The "When Harry Met Sally" actor has been handed the honor of hosting the Oscars an impressive eight times and he's confident the young stars will do a great job - as long as they remember to keep on smiling.
Speaking on U.S. talk show "The View", Crystal says, "I always say make sure you look like you wanna be there. It's really important. It's the biggest job in showbusiness, you're the captain of showbusiness for one night... Your job is to really make it fun and just command that first six, seven minutes because it's your show."
And he has one other crucial piece of advice for Hathaway and Franco in order for them to stay comfortable and enjoy the lengthy ceremony. He adds, "After the monologue, wear sneakers. It's such a long night." The 83rd annual Academy Awards will be televised live from the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood on February 27.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group