Billy Crystal Gives Oscar Advice to Anne Hathaway and James Franco
Billy Crystal has offered up his top tip to 2011 Academy Awards presenters Anne Hathaway and James Franco to make sure the biggest night in Hollywood is a success: "Look like you really want to be there". The "When Harry Met Sally" actor has been handed the honor of hosting the Oscars an impressive eight times and he's confident the young stars will do a great job - as long as they remember to keep on smiling.
Speaking on U.S. talk show "The View", Crystal says, "I always say make sure you look like you wanna be there. It's really important. It's the biggest job in showbusiness, you're the captain of showbusiness for one night... Your job is to really make it fun and just command that first six, seven minutes because it's your show."
And he has one other crucial piece of advice for Hathaway and Franco in order for them to stay comfortable and enjoy the lengthy ceremony. He adds, "After the monologue, wear sneakers. It's such a long night." The 83rd annual Academy Awards will be televised live from the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood on February 27.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics