Willie Garson of 'Sex and the City' Won't Date Fan
"Sex and the City" star Willie Garson doubts he could ever date a fan of the series - because devotees often assume he's just as flamboyant as his colorful character. The actor, who plays Carrie Bradshaw's gay best friend Stanford Blatch in the hit franchise, insists he wouldn't want to embark on a romance with someone who confused him for his on-screen alter-ego.
He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "It's a bad start to a relationship, it's really one-sided because they think they know you but they just know the character and they forget that you're an actor." Garson admits he wouldn't turn to the internet for dates either - because potential partners might recognize him.
He adds, "I'm always on the look-out... (but) I do not do that (internet dating). It's really hard because you show up and I'm me. I can't imagine doing that because they know who you are and it's one-sided. That would be ridiculous."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!