Geoffrey Rush to Be Honored With Top Award at Santa Barbara Film Festival
Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush will be the guest of honor at California's Santa Barbara International Film Festival next month when he will be presented with the prestigious Montecito Award. The Australian actor, who stars in Academy Award favorite "The King's Speech", will receive the career tribute on January 31, 2011 and the event's executive director, Roger Durling, insists the awards ceremony will be a royal affair.
He says, "I feel like royalty's coming to SBIFF. Having been an admirer of everything Geoffrey Rush has done (including his Tony-winning performance in 'Exit the King'), we're truly blessed to get to celebrate him this year where he once again reminds us in 'The King's Speech' that he's one of our greatest actors."
Previous recipients of the Montecito Award include Annette Bening, Javier Bardem, Julianne Moore and Kate Winslet. The 26th Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival will take place from January 27 to February 6, 2011.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3