Geoffrey Rush to Be Honored With Top Award at Santa Barbara Film Festival
Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush will be the guest of honor at California's Santa Barbara International Film Festival next month when he will be presented with the prestigious Montecito Award. The Australian actor, who stars in Academy Award favorite "The King's Speech", will receive the career tribute on January 31, 2011 and the event's executive director, Roger Durling, insists the awards ceremony will be a royal affair.
He says, "I feel like royalty's coming to SBIFF. Having been an admirer of everything Geoffrey Rush has done (including his Tony-winning performance in 'Exit the King'), we're truly blessed to get to celebrate him this year where he once again reminds us in 'The King's Speech' that he's one of our greatest actors."
Previous recipients of the Montecito Award include Annette Bening, Javier Bardem, Julianne Moore and Kate Winslet. The 26th Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival will take place from January 27 to February 6, 2011.
More Geoffrey Rush News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri