Geoffrey Rush to Be Honored With Top Award at Santa Barbara Film Festival
Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush will be the guest of honor at California's Santa Barbara International Film Festival next month when he will be presented with the prestigious Montecito Award. The Australian actor, who stars in Academy Award favorite "The King's Speech", will receive the career tribute on January 31, 2011 and the event's executive director, Roger Durling, insists the awards ceremony will be a royal affair.
He says, "I feel like royalty's coming to SBIFF. Having been an admirer of everything Geoffrey Rush has done (including his Tony-winning performance in 'Exit the King'), we're truly blessed to get to celebrate him this year where he once again reminds us in 'The King's Speech' that he's one of our greatest actors."
Previous recipients of the Montecito Award include Annette Bening, Javier Bardem, Julianne Moore and Kate Winslet. The 26th Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival will take place from January 27 to February 6, 2011.
More Geoffrey Rush News
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing
- Pregnant Beyonce Is Keeping Kim Kardashian Away From Her