Geoffrey Rush to Be Honored With Top Award at Santa Barbara Film Festival
Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush will be the guest of honor at California's Santa Barbara International Film Festival next month when he will be presented with the prestigious Montecito Award. The Australian actor, who stars in Academy Award favorite "The King's Speech", will receive the career tribute on January 31, 2011 and the event's executive director, Roger Durling, insists the awards ceremony will be a royal affair.
He says, "I feel like royalty's coming to SBIFF. Having been an admirer of everything Geoffrey Rush has done (including his Tony-winning performance in 'Exit the King'), we're truly blessed to get to celebrate him this year where he once again reminds us in 'The King's Speech' that he's one of our greatest actors."
Previous recipients of the Montecito Award include Annette Bening, Javier Bardem, Julianne Moore and Kate Winslet. The 26th Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival will take place from January 27 to February 6, 2011.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny