Geoffrey Rush to Be Honored With Top Award at Santa Barbara Film Festival
Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush will be the guest of honor at California's Santa Barbara International Film Festival next month when he will be presented with the prestigious Montecito Award. The Australian actor, who stars in Academy Award favorite "The King's Speech", will receive the career tribute on January 31, 2011 and the event's executive director, Roger Durling, insists the awards ceremony will be a royal affair.
He says, "I feel like royalty's coming to SBIFF. Having been an admirer of everything Geoffrey Rush has done (including his Tony-winning performance in 'Exit the King'), we're truly blessed to get to celebrate him this year where he once again reminds us in 'The King's Speech' that he's one of our greatest actors."
Previous recipients of the Montecito Award include Annette Bening, Javier Bardem, Julianne Moore and Kate Winslet. The 26th Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival will take place from January 27 to February 6, 2011.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed