Doug E. Fresh Hit With $2 Million Unpaid Tax Bill
Eighties rap icon Doug E. Fresh is facing fresh financial woe after receiving a bill for more than $2.27 million in allegedly unpaid taxes. The hip-hop star, real name Douglas Davis, had a lien filed against him by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) authorities in New York City in October, according to the Detroit News.
Davis allegedly owes $2,276,848 in delinquent taxes. It's not the first time The Show hitmaker Davis has fallen foul of tax agents - in 2008, he was being chased by the IRS for $367,000 .
Last month, Doug E. Fresh opened a restaurant in Harlem. "Really even in this whole Obama initiative, and everything that's going on with the economy, the only way to jump start it is we have to give each other opportunity. That's the only way to make it work," he said. "I understand the kid that, you know, he needs some money because he gotta get back and forth to school."
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2