Doug E. Fresh Hit With $2 Million Unpaid Tax Bill
Eighties rap icon Doug E. Fresh is facing fresh financial woe after receiving a bill for more than $2.27 million in allegedly unpaid taxes. The hip-hop star, real name Douglas Davis, had a lien filed against him by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) authorities in New York City in October, according to the Detroit News.
Davis allegedly owes $2,276,848 in delinquent taxes. It's not the first time The Show hitmaker Davis has fallen foul of tax agents - in 2008, he was being chased by the IRS for $367,000 .
Last month, Doug E. Fresh opened a restaurant in Harlem. "Really even in this whole Obama initiative, and everything that's going on with the economy, the only way to jump start it is we have to give each other opportunity. That's the only way to make it work," he said. "I understand the kid that, you know, he needs some money because he gotta get back and forth to school."
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle