Doug E. Fresh Hit With $2 Million Unpaid Tax Bill
Eighties rap icon Doug E. Fresh is facing fresh financial woe after receiving a bill for more than $2.27 million in allegedly unpaid taxes. The hip-hop star, real name Douglas Davis, had a lien filed against him by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) authorities in New York City in October, according to the Detroit News.
Davis allegedly owes $2,276,848 in delinquent taxes. It's not the first time The Show hitmaker Davis has fallen foul of tax agents - in 2008, he was being chased by the IRS for $367,000 .
Last month, Doug E. Fresh opened a restaurant in Harlem. "Really even in this whole Obama initiative, and everything that's going on with the economy, the only way to jump start it is we have to give each other opportunity. That's the only way to make it work," he said. "I understand the kid that, you know, he needs some money because he gotta get back and forth to school."
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'