Doug E. Fresh Hit With $2 Million Unpaid Tax Bill
Eighties rap icon Doug E. Fresh is facing fresh financial woe after receiving a bill for more than $2.27 million in allegedly unpaid taxes. The hip-hop star, real name Douglas Davis, had a lien filed against him by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) authorities in New York City in October, according to the Detroit News.
Davis allegedly owes $2,276,848 in delinquent taxes. It's not the first time The Show hitmaker Davis has fallen foul of tax agents - in 2008, he was being chased by the IRS for $367,000 .
Last month, Doug E. Fresh opened a restaurant in Harlem. "Really even in this whole Obama initiative, and everything that's going on with the economy, the only way to jump start it is we have to give each other opportunity. That's the only way to make it work," he said. "I understand the kid that, you know, he needs some money because he gotta get back and forth to school."
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease