Doug E. Fresh Hit With $2 Million Unpaid Tax Bill
Eighties rap icon Doug E. Fresh is facing fresh financial woe after receiving a bill for more than $2.27 million in allegedly unpaid taxes. The hip-hop star, real name Douglas Davis, had a lien filed against him by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) authorities in New York City in October, according to the Detroit News.
Davis allegedly owes $2,276,848 in delinquent taxes. It's not the first time The Show hitmaker Davis has fallen foul of tax agents - in 2008, he was being chased by the IRS for $367,000 .
Last month, Doug E. Fresh opened a restaurant in Harlem. "Really even in this whole Obama initiative, and everything that's going on with the economy, the only way to jump start it is we have to give each other opportunity. That's the only way to make it work," he said. "I understand the kid that, you know, he needs some money because he gotta get back and forth to school."
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016