KC and The Sunshine Band Star Sentenced to Seven Years in Jail for Sex Crimes
KC & The Sunshine Band co-founder Richard R. Finch was sentenced to seven years in prison on Monday, December 6 for sexually abusing young boys. Finch, who played bass for the famous funk group, pleaded no contest to 11 counts of sexual contact with seven boys, aged between 14 and 17.
Court records obtained by the Newark Advocate show Finch took advantage of the youngsters from July last year until March this year at his home in Newark, Ohio. An investigation was launched and Finch was arrested in March after a 17-year-old youth told police he had sexual contact with the star.
The 56 year old is said to have blamed his actions on alcohol abuse. He reportedly admitted to sexual contact and conduct when interviewed by detectives, and has wrote apology letters to the victims.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!