KC and The Sunshine Band Star Sentenced to Seven Years in Jail for Sex Crimes
KC & The Sunshine Band co-founder Richard R. Finch was sentenced to seven years in prison on Monday, December 6 for sexually abusing young boys. Finch, who played bass for the famous funk group, pleaded no contest to 11 counts of sexual contact with seven boys, aged between 14 and 17.
Court records obtained by the Newark Advocate show Finch took advantage of the youngsters from July last year until March this year at his home in Newark, Ohio. An investigation was launched and Finch was arrested in March after a 17-year-old youth told police he had sexual contact with the star.
The 56 year old is said to have blamed his actions on alcohol abuse. He reportedly admitted to sexual contact and conduct when interviewed by detectives, and has wrote apology letters to the victims.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story