Tony Bennett and His Wife to Receive ASCAP Honor
Crooner Tony Bennett and his wife Susan Benedetto are to be honored with the ASCAP Foundation Champion Award at the 15th annual prizegiving in New York on December 8. The couple has been selected for the accolade as a token of recognition for its "significant efforts" in arts education.
The singer and his wife founded nonprofit organization Exploring the Arts a decade ago with with the mission of strengthening the role of the arts in public education. Exploring the Arts has grown from serving one New York public high school to serving seven in 2010. Exploring the Arts also supports the New York City Department of Education's Summer Arts Institute and produces an educational video series, helping bring master artists into classrooms all over the country.
In 2001, in partnership with the New York City Department of Education, Susan Benedetto and Tony Bennett also founded a new public high school, the Frank Sinatra School of the Arts, in Astoria, Queens.
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set