Cher's Son's Sex-Change Documented in Film
Cher's son Chaz Bono is set to tell the world about his sex-change in a new documentary film. Bono, whose father is the late Sonny Bono, was born Chastity, but began gender reassignment in 2008 and this year applied to be legally recognised as a man after successfully completing the transformation.
The 41 year old has been documenting the process on camera and the footage has been made into a new film which is set to premiere at next year's Sundance Film Festival in Utah. Bono insists the currently untitled project will show "more than anybody's ever seen before" and he hopes it will fully explain the process.
He tells Entertainment Tonight, "I hope it's going to help change hearts and minds on this issue so that people can fully understand." Bono will also chronicle his story in a new book called "Coming Clean" which is set for release in 2011.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance