Susan Boyle Pulls in $16.5 Million Since 'Britain's Got Talent'
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle has amassed an estimated $16.5 million since appearing on TV contest "Britain's Got Talent" last year. The 49 year old shot to fame competing on the U.K. show and has achieved great success ever since - selling 10 million albums and receiving a Grammy Award nomination last week.
And her triumphs are now reflected in her bank balance, which has swelled to a staggering $16.5 million thanks to her record sales, her official autobiography and various TV appearances. Cliff Dane of Britain's Sunday Times Rich List says, "Unlike a lot of artists who write songs and have heavy touring commitments, most of Susan's income has come from old-fashioned record sales, mostly CDs as opposed to downloads due to the nature of her fanbase."
"I estimate she is currently worth 11 million pounds based on royalties and advances accumulated to date."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'