Susan Boyle Pulls in $16.5 Million Since 'Britain's Got Talent'
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle has amassed an estimated $16.5 million since appearing on TV contest "Britain's Got Talent" last year. The 49 year old shot to fame competing on the U.K. show and has achieved great success ever since - selling 10 million albums and receiving a Grammy Award nomination last week.
And her triumphs are now reflected in her bank balance, which has swelled to a staggering $16.5 million thanks to her record sales, her official autobiography and various TV appearances. Cliff Dane of Britain's Sunday Times Rich List says, "Unlike a lot of artists who write songs and have heavy touring commitments, most of Susan's income has come from old-fashioned record sales, mostly CDs as opposed to downloads due to the nature of her fanbase."
"I estimate she is currently worth 11 million pounds based on royalties and advances accumulated to date."
More Susan Boyle News
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure