Susan Boyle Pulls in $16.5 Million Since 'Britain's Got Talent'
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle has amassed an estimated $16.5 million since appearing on TV contest "Britain's Got Talent" last year. The 49 year old shot to fame competing on the U.K. show and has achieved great success ever since - selling 10 million albums and receiving a Grammy Award nomination last week.
And her triumphs are now reflected in her bank balance, which has swelled to a staggering $16.5 million thanks to her record sales, her official autobiography and various TV appearances. Cliff Dane of Britain's Sunday Times Rich List says, "Unlike a lot of artists who write songs and have heavy touring commitments, most of Susan's income has come from old-fashioned record sales, mostly CDs as opposed to downloads due to the nature of her fanbase."
"I estimate she is currently worth 11 million pounds based on royalties and advances accumulated to date."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics