Keira Knightley Thought of Giving Up Acting at 22
Keira Knightley almost gave up acting three years ago - because she "wasn't enjoying" her Hollywood career. The actress shot to fame as a teenager in 2002 soccer movie "Bend It Like Beckham" and she has enjoyed a string of successful films since.
The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits she decided to turn her back on acting altogether at the age of 22, because she had worked nonstop since she was 16 years old - but after a hiatus, Knightley realized her passion for her job.
She tells Vogue magazine, "I think I intended not to work again. I wasn't enjoying what I was doing and I felt terribly guilty about that. I remember hating the idea that I was in a privileged position and couldn't see the point of any of it."
"I had worked solidly since I was 16, till 22, and I had not been on holiday in all of that time. I didn't know if I was going to go back to acting at all. I think for a long time I thought I wouldn't."
More Keira Knightley News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist