Keira Knightley Thought of Giving Up Acting at 22
Keira Knightley almost gave up acting three years ago - because she "wasn't enjoying" her Hollywood career. The actress shot to fame as a teenager in 2002 soccer movie "Bend It Like Beckham" and she has enjoyed a string of successful films since.
The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits she decided to turn her back on acting altogether at the age of 22, because she had worked nonstop since she was 16 years old - but after a hiatus, Knightley realized her passion for her job.
She tells Vogue magazine, "I think I intended not to work again. I wasn't enjoying what I was doing and I felt terribly guilty about that. I remember hating the idea that I was in a privileged position and couldn't see the point of any of it."
"I had worked solidly since I was 16, till 22, and I had not been on holiday in all of that time. I didn't know if I was going to go back to acting at all. I think for a long time I thought I wouldn't."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia