Keira Knightley Thought of Giving Up Acting at 22
Keira Knightley almost gave up acting three years ago - because she "wasn't enjoying" her Hollywood career. The actress shot to fame as a teenager in 2002 soccer movie "Bend It Like Beckham" and she has enjoyed a string of successful films since.
The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits she decided to turn her back on acting altogether at the age of 22, because she had worked nonstop since she was 16 years old - but after a hiatus, Knightley realized her passion for her job.
She tells Vogue magazine, "I think I intended not to work again. I wasn't enjoying what I was doing and I felt terribly guilty about that. I remember hating the idea that I was in a privileged position and couldn't see the point of any of it."
"I had worked solidly since I was 16, till 22, and I had not been on holiday in all of that time. I didn't know if I was going to go back to acting at all. I think for a long time I thought I wouldn't."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie