Keira Knightley Thought of Giving Up Acting at 22
Keira Knightley almost gave up acting three years ago - because she "wasn't enjoying" her Hollywood career. The actress shot to fame as a teenager in 2002 soccer movie "Bend It Like Beckham" and she has enjoyed a string of successful films since.
The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits she decided to turn her back on acting altogether at the age of 22, because she had worked nonstop since she was 16 years old - but after a hiatus, Knightley realized her passion for her job.
She tells Vogue magazine, "I think I intended not to work again. I wasn't enjoying what I was doing and I felt terribly guilty about that. I remember hating the idea that I was in a privileged position and couldn't see the point of any of it."
"I had worked solidly since I was 16, till 22, and I had not been on holiday in all of that time. I didn't know if I was going to go back to acting at all. I think for a long time I thought I wouldn't."
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'