P. Diddy Distances Himself From Fundraising Event Controversy
Rap mogul Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs has distanced himself from a controversy stemming from a breast cancer benefit he hosted in October, amid allegations charity bosses have yet to receive any of the funds raised. The hip-hop star threw a special Pink Party at club Glo in New York to mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month and boost donations to local causes, including the Long Island Plastic Surgical Group Foundation and 1 in 9: The Long Island Breast Cancer Action Coalition.
Combs was reportedly paid $80,000 (GBP53,300) to host the bash, which saw guests charged a $10 (GBP6) entry fee and $1,000 (GBP670) to party with the star in the VIP section, but charity bosses are fuming - because they're still waiting to see any of the donations. Carolyn Spector, director of the Long Island Plastic Surgical Group Foundation, tells the New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "We never got a penny. Nothing was written down, but we were told we would get part of the take. The terminology was 'proceeds from the event'."
A spokesperson for 1 in 9 adds, "It's just a little embarrassing. People say, 'How much did you raise for your programs?' And we say, 'We haven't seen anything yet'."
But Combs insists the alleged discrepancy doesn't concern him - because he simply agreed to lend his name to the event. He says, "I didn't know what the (club) owner promised - that had nothing to do with me."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son