P. Diddy Distances Himself From Fundraising Event Controversy
Rap mogul Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs has distanced himself from a controversy stemming from a breast cancer benefit he hosted in October, amid allegations charity bosses have yet to receive any of the funds raised. The hip-hop star threw a special Pink Party at club Glo in New York to mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month and boost donations to local causes, including the Long Island Plastic Surgical Group Foundation and 1 in 9: The Long Island Breast Cancer Action Coalition.
Combs was reportedly paid $80,000 (GBP53,300) to host the bash, which saw guests charged a $10 (GBP6) entry fee and $1,000 (GBP670) to party with the star in the VIP section, but charity bosses are fuming - because they're still waiting to see any of the donations. Carolyn Spector, director of the Long Island Plastic Surgical Group Foundation, tells the New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "We never got a penny. Nothing was written down, but we were told we would get part of the take. The terminology was 'proceeds from the event'."
A spokesperson for 1 in 9 adds, "It's just a little embarrassing. People say, 'How much did you raise for your programs?' And we say, 'We haven't seen anything yet'."
But Combs insists the alleged discrepancy doesn't concern him - because he simply agreed to lend his name to the event. He says, "I didn't know what the (club) owner promised - that had nothing to do with me."
More P. Diddy News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce