P. Diddy Distances Himself From Fundraising Event Controversy
Rap mogul Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs has distanced himself from a controversy stemming from a breast cancer benefit he hosted in October, amid allegations charity bosses have yet to receive any of the funds raised. The hip-hop star threw a special Pink Party at club Glo in New York to mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month and boost donations to local causes, including the Long Island Plastic Surgical Group Foundation and 1 in 9: The Long Island Breast Cancer Action Coalition.
Combs was reportedly paid $80,000 (GBP53,300) to host the bash, which saw guests charged a $10 (GBP6) entry fee and $1,000 (GBP670) to party with the star in the VIP section, but charity bosses are fuming - because they're still waiting to see any of the donations. Carolyn Spector, director of the Long Island Plastic Surgical Group Foundation, tells the New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "We never got a penny. Nothing was written down, but we were told we would get part of the take. The terminology was 'proceeds from the event'."
A spokesperson for 1 in 9 adds, "It's just a little embarrassing. People say, 'How much did you raise for your programs?' And we say, 'We haven't seen anything yet'."
But Combs insists the alleged discrepancy doesn't concern him - because he simply agreed to lend his name to the event. He says, "I didn't know what the (club) owner promised - that had nothing to do with me."
More P. Diddy News
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle