P. Diddy Distances Himself From Fundraising Event Controversy
Rap mogul Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs has distanced himself from a controversy stemming from a breast cancer benefit he hosted in October, amid allegations charity bosses have yet to receive any of the funds raised. The hip-hop star threw a special Pink Party at club Glo in New York to mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month and boost donations to local causes, including the Long Island Plastic Surgical Group Foundation and 1 in 9: The Long Island Breast Cancer Action Coalition.
Combs was reportedly paid $80,000 (GBP53,300) to host the bash, which saw guests charged a $10 (GBP6) entry fee and $1,000 (GBP670) to party with the star in the VIP section, but charity bosses are fuming - because they're still waiting to see any of the donations. Carolyn Spector, director of the Long Island Plastic Surgical Group Foundation, tells the New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "We never got a penny. Nothing was written down, but we were told we would get part of the take. The terminology was 'proceeds from the event'."
A spokesperson for 1 in 9 adds, "It's just a little embarrassing. People say, 'How much did you raise for your programs?' And we say, 'We haven't seen anything yet'."
But Combs insists the alleged discrepancy doesn't concern him - because he simply agreed to lend his name to the event. He says, "I didn't know what the (club) owner promised - that had nothing to do with me."
More P. Diddy News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie