Michael Brea Charged With Second-Degree Murder for Killing His Mother
Actor Michael Brea was arraigned on charges of second-degree murder on Friday, December 3 after his mum was allegedly stabbed to death with a sword. The 31 year old, who once had a small role on "Ugly Betty", wore a light green gown as he was charged while in a hospital prison ward, but he did not speak or enter a plea.
Brea was also charged with criminal possession of a weapon after he was reportedly found holding a large sword in his mum Yannick's New York City apartment last week. The 55 year old was pronounced dead at the scene after she was discovered with severe slashes and cuts on her body.
Brea, who is undergoing a psychiatric evaluation, is being held without bail and is next due in court on December 18, according to the Associated Press. Meanwhile, his family has offered its support, calling him a "compassionate, gentle, intelligent, spiritual and loving man" who is in need of help.
A statement from Brea's relatives reads: "His family and friends know, without question, that Michael was not well in the moments leading to (his mother's) death."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child