Michael Brea Charged With Second-Degree Murder for Killing His Mother
Actor Michael Brea was arraigned on charges of second-degree murder on Friday, December 3 after his mum was allegedly stabbed to death with a sword. The 31 year old, who once had a small role on "Ugly Betty", wore a light green gown as he was charged while in a hospital prison ward, but he did not speak or enter a plea.
Brea was also charged with criminal possession of a weapon after he was reportedly found holding a large sword in his mum Yannick's New York City apartment last week. The 55 year old was pronounced dead at the scene after she was discovered with severe slashes and cuts on her body.
Brea, who is undergoing a psychiatric evaluation, is being held without bail and is next due in court on December 18, according to the Associated Press. Meanwhile, his family has offered its support, calling him a "compassionate, gentle, intelligent, spiritual and loving man" who is in need of help.
A statement from Brea's relatives reads: "His family and friends know, without question, that Michael was not well in the moments leading to (his mother's) death."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake