Michael Brea Charged With Second-Degree Murder for Killing His Mother
Actor Michael Brea was arraigned on charges of second-degree murder on Friday, December 3 after his mum was allegedly stabbed to death with a sword. The 31 year old, who once had a small role on "Ugly Betty", wore a light green gown as he was charged while in a hospital prison ward, but he did not speak or enter a plea.
Brea was also charged with criminal possession of a weapon after he was reportedly found holding a large sword in his mum Yannick's New York City apartment last week. The 55 year old was pronounced dead at the scene after she was discovered with severe slashes and cuts on her body.
Brea, who is undergoing a psychiatric evaluation, is being held without bail and is next due in court on December 18, according to the Associated Press. Meanwhile, his family has offered its support, calling him a "compassionate, gentle, intelligent, spiritual and loving man" who is in need of help.
A statement from Brea's relatives reads: "His family and friends know, without question, that Michael was not well in the moments leading to (his mother's) death."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics