Michael Brea Charged With Second-Degree Murder for Killing His Mother
Actor Michael Brea was arraigned on charges of second-degree murder on Friday, December 3 after his mum was allegedly stabbed to death with a sword. The 31 year old, who once had a small role on "Ugly Betty", wore a light green gown as he was charged while in a hospital prison ward, but he did not speak or enter a plea.
Brea was also charged with criminal possession of a weapon after he was reportedly found holding a large sword in his mum Yannick's New York City apartment last week. The 55 year old was pronounced dead at the scene after she was discovered with severe slashes and cuts on her body.
Brea, who is undergoing a psychiatric evaluation, is being held without bail and is next due in court on December 18, according to the Associated Press. Meanwhile, his family has offered its support, calling him a "compassionate, gentle, intelligent, spiritual and loving man" who is in need of help.
A statement from Brea's relatives reads: "His family and friends know, without question, that Michael was not well in the moments leading to (his mother's) death."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers