Vanessa Williams: Eva Longoria Will Be Fine Because She's Survivor
Actress Vanessa Williams has assured fans her "Desperate Housewives" co-star Eva Longoria is recovering well following the news of her marriage breakdown, branding the Latina "a survivor". Longoria sent shockwaves through Hollywood last month when she filed for divorce from basketball star Tony Parker, citing irreconcilable differences.
Reports suggest the TV beauty moved to end her three-year marriage to Parker after discovering he had been unfaithful. But Williams insists her pal is working through her pain and is confident she will bounce back from the personal crisis in no time.
Speaking on U.S. chat show "The Talk", Williams says, "We just spent the whole day shooting on Tuesday, and you know, she's really doing well. She thanks you for all your prayers. She's a survivor and she's a beautiful, talented, wonderful woman and she will find someone else when she's ready. She's gonna be fine, we love her."
And Williams admits she was intrigued by the public's reaction to the news of Longoria's divorce, because it proves the lives of the rich and famous aren't always so perfect. She adds, "It's fascinating to see how people say she's got it all: she's gorgeous, she's an entrepreneur, she has her own restaurant, she can cook, she's a mogul, and then there's a component to her life that is normal and flawed and unhappy, you know, so the grass isn't always greener."
In the same chat, Vanessa Williams was beaming after cheering her daughter onto victory in a swimming competition hours earlier. The "Desperate Housewives" star spent her morning sitting in the bleachers at Sasha's Los Angeles school to watch the 10 year old compete in a swim meet. She had to dash off before the event was over in order to make it to the TV studios in time for her interview, but not before witnessing her girl claim gold in two of her early races.
Proudly clutching the first place ribbons in her hand on "The Talk", Williams explained, "Sasha, my youngest, is going to school out here (in Los Angeles) and she's on the swim team and she just won her two swim meet awards. It's happening now, so I... watched for the first two awards and had to leave, and she said, 'Mum, take these (honours).' "
More Vanessa Williams News
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series