Bandmate Insists Jim Morrison Didn't Expose Himself in Concert
Former The Doors drummer John Densmore is adamant Jim Morrison didn't expose himself on stage at a gig in Florida in 1969 - and he's urging officials to finally see sense and offer his late bandmate a pardon.
The band's frontman was handed a six-month jail term and a $500 fine after he was convicted of drunkenly exposing himself on stage at a show in Miami. He was appealing the sentence when he died in Paris, France in 1971.
Florida Governor Charlie Crist has now put the star forward for a pardon which will be decided at a clemency hearing on December 9, and the move has the full backing of Morrison's former bandmate. Densmore tells the Hollywood Reporter, "He didn't do it! I was there; if Jim had revealed the golden shaft, I would have known."
"There were hundreds of photographs taken and tons of cops and no evidence. Yeah, Jim was a drunk and a sensational, crazy guy, but he also was a great artist and I want him to be remembered for the art as well as the craziness."
And the rocker is glad Crist is now making moves to lay the incident to rest, adding, "In reading his statements, I get a genuine feeling that after seeing all the documentaries and reading everything about this, he, like me, thinks Jim didn't do it! It would be nice to straighten that out. Jim was charged with the wrong thing - he was drunk and disorderly but he didn't whip it out."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie