Mike Tyson Aims for Movie Star Title
Mike Tyson is hoping his popular turn in "The Hangover" will lead to a full-time career as a movie star. The former boxer appeared in the successful 2009 comedy playing himself, and he's set to return for another cameo role in the upcoming sequel.
Tyson has also enjoyed small parts in TV shows such as "Entourage" and "Brothers, and he is now focusing all his efforts on becoming a professional actor. He tells TV newsman Larry King, "Yes. I'm pursuing an acting career."
When King asked if Tyson wants to be a movie star, he replied, "If possible, yes. I just want to have fun. I take myself too seriously and that's not fun."
Tyson also admits he's glad "The Hangover" director Todd Phillips has given him the opportunity to showcase his acting skills to a wider audience, adding, "I've got a lot of reviews and a lot of people gave me accolades and I'm just very grateful... I could have been going in a different direction right now. And I'm just pretty grateful."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media