Mike Tyson Aims for Movie Star Title
Mike Tyson is hoping his popular turn in "The Hangover" will lead to a full-time career as a movie star. The former boxer appeared in the successful 2009 comedy playing himself, and he's set to return for another cameo role in the upcoming sequel.
Tyson has also enjoyed small parts in TV shows such as "Entourage" and "Brothers, and he is now focusing all his efforts on becoming a professional actor. He tells TV newsman Larry King, "Yes. I'm pursuing an acting career."
When King asked if Tyson wants to be a movie star, he replied, "If possible, yes. I just want to have fun. I take myself too seriously and that's not fun."
Tyson also admits he's glad "The Hangover" director Todd Phillips has given him the opportunity to showcase his acting skills to a wider audience, adding, "I've got a lot of reviews and a lot of people gave me accolades and I'm just very grateful... I could have been going in a different direction right now. And I'm just pretty grateful."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri