Mike Tyson Aims for Movie Star Title
Mike Tyson is hoping his popular turn in "The Hangover" will lead to a full-time career as a movie star. The former boxer appeared in the successful 2009 comedy playing himself, and he's set to return for another cameo role in the upcoming sequel.
Tyson has also enjoyed small parts in TV shows such as "Entourage" and "Brothers, and he is now focusing all his efforts on becoming a professional actor. He tells TV newsman Larry King, "Yes. I'm pursuing an acting career."
When King asked if Tyson wants to be a movie star, he replied, "If possible, yes. I just want to have fun. I take myself too seriously and that's not fun."
Tyson also admits he's glad "The Hangover" director Todd Phillips has given him the opportunity to showcase his acting skills to a wider audience, adding, "I've got a lot of reviews and a lot of people gave me accolades and I'm just very grateful... I could have been going in a different direction right now. And I'm just pretty grateful."
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly