Mike Tyson Aims for Movie Star Title
Mike Tyson is hoping his popular turn in "The Hangover" will lead to a full-time career as a movie star. The former boxer appeared in the successful 2009 comedy playing himself, and he's set to return for another cameo role in the upcoming sequel.
Tyson has also enjoyed small parts in TV shows such as "Entourage" and "Brothers, and he is now focusing all his efforts on becoming a professional actor. He tells TV newsman Larry King, "Yes. I'm pursuing an acting career."
When King asked if Tyson wants to be a movie star, he replied, "If possible, yes. I just want to have fun. I take myself too seriously and that's not fun."
Tyson also admits he's glad "The Hangover" director Todd Phillips has given him the opportunity to showcase his acting skills to a wider audience, adding, "I've got a lot of reviews and a lot of people gave me accolades and I'm just very grateful... I could have been going in a different direction right now. And I'm just pretty grateful."
More Mike Tyson News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'