Mick Hucknall of Simply Red Feels Sorry for Bedding Fans
Mick Hucknall has issued a public apology to the fans he bedded during Simply Red's 1980s heyday - revealing he slept with "about three women" every day. The singer admits the female attention was what he wanted "from being a pop star" and throughout the mid-1990s he used his celebrity status to bed women.
But Hucknall regrets his attitude to romance, and has reached out to the fans he was intimate with in an article for Britain's The Guardian. He says, "I regret the philandering. In fact, can I issue a public apology? They know who they are, and I'm truly sorry. A red-headed man is not generally considered to be a sexual icon, but when I had the fame, oh my god, it went crazy."
"Between 1985 and 1987, I would sleep with about three women a day, every day. I never said no. This was what I wanted from being a pop star. I was living the dream and my only regret is that I hurt some really good girls."
Hucknall, who was abandoned by his mother at the age of three, confesses the reason behind his many sexual encounters was to make up for the lack of a female bond in his life. He adds, "I wanted love from every single woman on the planet because I didn't have my mother's love. It was an addiction that took me to my darker period from 1996 to 2001, when I really came close to the gutter, I was more into drinking than seducing."
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle