Having 'Successful' Surgery, Aretha Franklin Thankful to God and Doctors
Soul queen Aretha Franklin is recovering well after undergoing "successful" surgery for a mystery ailment. The "I Say A Little Prayer" hitmaker was admitted to a Detroit, Michigan hospital for a procedure on Thursday, December 2 and has now spoken out to assure fans the operation went well.
In a statement she says, "The surgery was highly successful. God is still in control. I had superb doctors and nurses whom were blessed by all the prayers of the city and the country. God bless you all for your prayers!"
Franklin's health has been at the center of much speculation recently after doctors ordered her to cancel all concert dates and personal appearances scheduled until May 2011, including a Christmas concert in her adopted hometown of Detroit on December 9 this year.
More Aretha Franklin News
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'