Why Johnny Depp Is Not Going to Marry Vanessa Paradis
Johnny Depp has no plans to marry his long-term partner Vanessa Paradis - because he doesn't want to "ruin" her exotic surname. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor has been dating the brunette beauty since 1998 and they share two children, daughter Lily-Rose and son Jack.
Depp admits he would make their union official if Paradis asked him to - but he's so fond of her last name, he'd hate for the couple to become Mr and Mrs Depp. He tells Extra, "I never found myself needing that piece of paper. Marriage is really from soul to soul, heart to heart. You don't need somebody to say, okay, you're married."
"If Vanessa wanted to get hitched, why not? But the thing is, I'd be so scared of ruining her last name. She's got such a good last name."
More Johnny Depp News
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why