Why Johnny Depp Is Not Going to Marry Vanessa Paradis
Johnny Depp has no plans to marry his long-term partner Vanessa Paradis - because he doesn't want to "ruin" her exotic surname. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor has been dating the brunette beauty since 1998 and they share two children, daughter Lily-Rose and son Jack.
Depp admits he would make their union official if Paradis asked him to - but he's so fond of her last name, he'd hate for the couple to become Mr and Mrs Depp. He tells Extra, "I never found myself needing that piece of paper. Marriage is really from soul to soul, heart to heart. You don't need somebody to say, okay, you're married."
"If Vanessa wanted to get hitched, why not? But the thing is, I'd be so scared of ruining her last name. She's got such a good last name."
More Johnny Depp News
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split