Why Johnny Depp Is Not Going to Marry Vanessa Paradis
Johnny Depp has no plans to marry his long-term partner Vanessa Paradis - because he doesn't want to "ruin" her exotic surname. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor has been dating the brunette beauty since 1998 and they share two children, daughter Lily-Rose and son Jack.
Depp admits he would make their union official if Paradis asked him to - but he's so fond of her last name, he'd hate for the couple to become Mr and Mrs Depp. He tells Extra, "I never found myself needing that piece of paper. Marriage is really from soul to soul, heart to heart. You don't need somebody to say, okay, you're married."
"If Vanessa wanted to get hitched, why not? But the thing is, I'd be so scared of ruining her last name. She's got such a good last name."
More Johnny Depp News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story