Cheryl Cole Beats GaGa and Bieber as Most Popular Music Star of 2010
British singer Cheryl Cole has fought off competition from Lady GaGa and Rihanna to be named the most popular music star of 2010. The Girls Aloud beauty, also a judge on Simon Cowell's reality show "The X Factor", topped the list compiled by internet search engine Yahoo, based on the number of online 'hits' she's received in the U.K.
The "Poker Face" hitmaker came second, closely followed by teen pop sensation Justin Bieber in third place. Katy Perry, who married Russell Brand in October, was named the fourth most popular singer while Rihanna rounded out the top five.
Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, Beyonce Knowles, boyband JLS and Lily Allen made up the rest of the top ten.
More Cheryl Cole News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- Britney Spears Slams Lip-Sync Accusations: 'Nobody Ever Really Gives Me Credit'
- 'Gotham' Star Donal Logue's Child Is Missing
- 'Star Trek' Alum to Direct an Upcoming Episode of 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- Kim Kardashian Mom-Shamed Over Saint West's Front-Facing Car Seat
- Rihanna Caught Making Out With Mystery Man in Spain
- Kendrick Lamar Gets Violent in New Brutal Video for 'Element'
- 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies at 56