Facing Closure Over Permit Problem, Madonna's Gym Finally Gets Green Light
Madonna's new fitness club is officially in business after authorities in Mexico City approved operation permits on Wednesday, December 1. The pop superstar's Hard Candy Fitness compound was inaugurated on Monday, November 29 but faced closure after it emerged that bosses had failed to obtain the required documents.
But two days after the luxury workout space was launched, executives were finally given permission to open to the public, according to Demetrio Sodi, the chief of the Miguel Hidalgo municipality where the gym is located.
He says, "It was authorised during the day (Wednesday). People usually check they have all the permits before inaugurating something." Madonna's Mexican venture is the first step in her plans to take the Hard Candy Fitness brand global - she hopes to open fitness centers in Argentina, Russia, Brazil and throughout Europe and Asia.
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel