Facing Closure Over Permit Problem, Madonna's Gym Finally Gets Green Light
Madonna's new fitness club is officially in business after authorities in Mexico City approved operation permits on Wednesday, December 1. The pop superstar's Hard Candy Fitness compound was inaugurated on Monday, November 29 but faced closure after it emerged that bosses had failed to obtain the required documents.
But two days after the luxury workout space was launched, executives were finally given permission to open to the public, according to Demetrio Sodi, the chief of the Miguel Hidalgo municipality where the gym is located.
He says, "It was authorised during the day (Wednesday). People usually check they have all the permits before inaugurating something." Madonna's Mexican venture is the first step in her plans to take the Hard Candy Fitness brand global - she hopes to open fitness centers in Argentina, Russia, Brazil and throughout Europe and Asia.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says