Facing Closure Over Permit Problem, Madonna's Gym Finally Gets Green Light
Madonna's new fitness club is officially in business after authorities in Mexico City approved operation permits on Wednesday, December 1. The pop superstar's Hard Candy Fitness compound was inaugurated on Monday, November 29 but faced closure after it emerged that bosses had failed to obtain the required documents.
But two days after the luxury workout space was launched, executives were finally given permission to open to the public, according to Demetrio Sodi, the chief of the Miguel Hidalgo municipality where the gym is located.
He says, "It was authorised during the day (Wednesday). People usually check they have all the permits before inaugurating something." Madonna's Mexican venture is the first step in her plans to take the Hard Candy Fitness brand global - she hopes to open fitness centers in Argentina, Russia, Brazil and throughout Europe and Asia.
More Madonna News
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly