Facing Closure Over Permit Problem, Madonna's Gym Finally Gets Green Light
Madonna's new fitness club is officially in business after authorities in Mexico City approved operation permits on Wednesday, December 1. The pop superstar's Hard Candy Fitness compound was inaugurated on Monday, November 29 but faced closure after it emerged that bosses had failed to obtain the required documents.
But two days after the luxury workout space was launched, executives were finally given permission to open to the public, according to Demetrio Sodi, the chief of the Miguel Hidalgo municipality where the gym is located.
He says, "It was authorised during the day (Wednesday). People usually check they have all the permits before inaugurating something." Madonna's Mexican venture is the first step in her plans to take the Hard Candy Fitness brand global - she hopes to open fitness centers in Argentina, Russia, Brazil and throughout Europe and Asia.
More Madonna News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered