Facing Closure Over Permit Problem, Madonna's Gym Finally Gets Green Light
Madonna's new fitness club is officially in business after authorities in Mexico City approved operation permits on Wednesday, December 1. The pop superstar's Hard Candy Fitness compound was inaugurated on Monday, November 29 but faced closure after it emerged that bosses had failed to obtain the required documents.
But two days after the luxury workout space was launched, executives were finally given permission to open to the public, according to Demetrio Sodi, the chief of the Miguel Hidalgo municipality where the gym is located.
He says, "It was authorised during the day (Wednesday). People usually check they have all the permits before inaugurating something." Madonna's Mexican venture is the first step in her plans to take the Hard Candy Fitness brand global - she hopes to open fitness centers in Argentina, Russia, Brazil and throughout Europe and Asia.
More Madonna News
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards