Ailing Aretha Franklin Thanks Fans for Sending Their Prayers
Ailing soul queen Aretha Franklin has thanked fans who took part in a community prayer vigil in Detroit, Michigan on Wednesday, December 1 following reports she is preparing for a "medical procedure". The "I Say a Little Prayer" hitmaker was ordered by doctors to cancel all concert dates and personal appearances scheduled between now and May, including a Christmas concert in her adopted hometown of Detroit on December 9.
Her most devoted followers joined city council official JoAnn Watson to organize a community meeting in the city to pray for Franklin's health following reports she is set to return to hospital for an unknown procedure on Thursday, December 2.
After hearing of the vigil, Franklin released a statement, saying, "All prayers are good." There are no further details of Franklin's condition as WENN goes to press.
More Aretha Franklin News
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'