Ailing Aretha Franklin Thanks Fans for Sending Their Prayers
Ailing soul queen Aretha Franklin has thanked fans who took part in a community prayer vigil in Detroit, Michigan on Wednesday, December 1 following reports she is preparing for a "medical procedure". The "I Say a Little Prayer" hitmaker was ordered by doctors to cancel all concert dates and personal appearances scheduled between now and May, including a Christmas concert in her adopted hometown of Detroit on December 9.
Her most devoted followers joined city council official JoAnn Watson to organize a community meeting in the city to pray for Franklin's health following reports she is set to return to hospital for an unknown procedure on Thursday, December 2.
After hearing of the vigil, Franklin released a statement, saying, "All prayers are good." There are no further details of Franklin's condition as WENN goes to press.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked