Ailing Aretha Franklin Thanks Fans for Sending Their Prayers
Ailing soul queen Aretha Franklin has thanked fans who took part in a community prayer vigil in Detroit, Michigan on Wednesday, December 1 following reports she is preparing for a "medical procedure". The "I Say a Little Prayer" hitmaker was ordered by doctors to cancel all concert dates and personal appearances scheduled between now and May, including a Christmas concert in her adopted hometown of Detroit on December 9.
Her most devoted followers joined city council official JoAnn Watson to organize a community meeting in the city to pray for Franklin's health following reports she is set to return to hospital for an unknown procedure on Thursday, December 2.
After hearing of the vigil, Franklin released a statement, saying, "All prayers are good." There are no further details of Franklin's condition as WENN goes to press.
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson