Ailing Aretha Franklin Thanks Fans for Sending Their Prayers
Ailing soul queen Aretha Franklin has thanked fans who took part in a community prayer vigil in Detroit, Michigan on Wednesday, December 1 following reports she is preparing for a "medical procedure". The "I Say a Little Prayer" hitmaker was ordered by doctors to cancel all concert dates and personal appearances scheduled between now and May, including a Christmas concert in her adopted hometown of Detroit on December 9.
Her most devoted followers joined city council official JoAnn Watson to organize a community meeting in the city to pray for Franklin's health following reports she is set to return to hospital for an unknown procedure on Thursday, December 2.
After hearing of the vigil, Franklin released a statement, saying, "All prayers are good." There are no further details of Franklin's condition as WENN goes to press.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri