Ailing Aretha Franklin Thanks Fans for Sending Their Prayers
Ailing soul queen Aretha Franklin has thanked fans who took part in a community prayer vigil in Detroit, Michigan on Wednesday, December 1 following reports she is preparing for a "medical procedure". The "I Say a Little Prayer" hitmaker was ordered by doctors to cancel all concert dates and personal appearances scheduled between now and May, including a Christmas concert in her adopted hometown of Detroit on December 9.
Her most devoted followers joined city council official JoAnn Watson to organize a community meeting in the city to pray for Franklin's health following reports she is set to return to hospital for an unknown procedure on Thursday, December 2.
After hearing of the vigil, Franklin released a statement, saying, "All prayers are good." There are no further details of Franklin's condition as WENN goes to press.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius