Reps Deny Britney Spears Is Abused by Boyfriend Jason Trawick
Representatives for Britney Spears and her boyfriend Jason Trawick have slammed allegations the singer has become a victim of domestic abuse following sensational accusations from her ex-husband Jason Alexander. The "Toxic" superstar has found herself back in the headlines this week after America's Star magazine published Alexander's account of the alleged beatings he claims she has suffered at the hands of Trawick.
Spears has been dating her new beau since early 2009 and he quit his job as her representative over the summer to concentrate on their romance. But Alexander, who she was famously married to for just 55 hours in 2004, claims Spears has reached out to him in a desperate plea for help after reportedly suffering a black eye during a fight with Trawick in October this year.
He tells Star, "Britney is in an abusive relationship! Britney doesn't know what to do or whom to confide in. I'm really concerned for her..." Alexander alleges Spears and Trawick's relationship hit rock bottom in October, when she reportedly confronted him about cheating on her with another woman.
He says, "She accused Jason of having sex with this girl, and it sent him into a rage. She said it was like a switch flipped. He went crazy and started hitting her... Britney called me and told me that he hit her so hard it gave her a black eye. She said she couldn't even leave the house for a week because of the bruising."
He has even pinpointed paparazzi snaps of Spears on October 19, sporting what appears to be slight bruising around her eye, as evidence of his claims. Star magazine editors insist Alexander passed a polygraph test to prove he was telling the truth, but reps for both Spears and Trawick have blasted the tabloid report.
More Britney Spears News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby