Reps Deny Britney Spears Is Abused by Boyfriend Jason Trawick
Representatives for Britney Spears and her boyfriend Jason Trawick have slammed allegations the singer has become a victim of domestic abuse following sensational accusations from her ex-husband Jason Alexander. The "Toxic" superstar has found herself back in the headlines this week after America's Star magazine published Alexander's account of the alleged beatings he claims she has suffered at the hands of Trawick.
Spears has been dating her new beau since early 2009 and he quit his job as her representative over the summer to concentrate on their romance. But Alexander, who she was famously married to for just 55 hours in 2004, claims Spears has reached out to him in a desperate plea for help after reportedly suffering a black eye during a fight with Trawick in October this year.
He tells Star, "Britney is in an abusive relationship! Britney doesn't know what to do or whom to confide in. I'm really concerned for her..." Alexander alleges Spears and Trawick's relationship hit rock bottom in October, when she reportedly confronted him about cheating on her with another woman.
He says, "She accused Jason of having sex with this girl, and it sent him into a rage. She said it was like a switch flipped. He went crazy and started hitting her... Britney called me and told me that he hit her so hard it gave her a black eye. She said she couldn't even leave the house for a week because of the bruising."
He has even pinpointed paparazzi snaps of Spears on October 19, sporting what appears to be slight bruising around her eye, as evidence of his claims. Star magazine editors insist Alexander passed a polygraph test to prove he was telling the truth, but reps for both Spears and Trawick have blasted the tabloid report.
More Britney Spears News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier