Photos of Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal's Holiday Outing Hit Tabloid
Taylor Swift is serious about her romance with Jake Gyllenhaal - the country sweetheart bonded with his actress sister Maggie Gyllenhaal and her daughter Ramona while staying with her family in New York over the Thanksgiving holiday. The singer was first linked to the "Brokeback Mountain" hunk in October, although they have yet to confirm the relationship and have both dodged questions about their love lives during various interviews.
But their secret is no more - paparazzi snaps of the new couple cuddling and laughing during a stroll in Brooklyn last week have been splashed across the cover and inside pages of America's Us Weekly magazine. The pictures were taken after a trip to a coffee shop in Maggie Gyllenhaal's Park Slope neighborhood on the morning of Thanksgiving, November 25.
Insiders claim Swift's New York visit was a last-minute one - and her decision to ditch her family holiday celebrations in favor of spending time with Gyllenhaal wasn't popular with her mum and dad. A source says, "Jake invited her to New York. It wasn't planned in advance, but she said, 'Why not?' I can do it, and I'm going.' Her parents weren't thrilled, but she explained to them that she gets to see them all the time and wasn't able to spend much time with Jake during the publicity madness."
And Swift, 20, appears to have won over Jake's sister Maggie after helping to prepare the Thanksgiving feast: "Taylor fit right in... She pitched in to cook and clear the dishes. She also seemed very interested in the family and asked them a lot of questions about themselves." The "Love Story" singer even joined Maggie to take four-year-old Ramona for a walk after the meal - and it's their close family ties which have brought Swift and Jake, 29, closer together.
The insider adds, "They are both very family-oriented. Taylor is really into kids and loves Ramona. (Swift and Maggie) just looked like two friends and a child." The couple then flew to Swift's adopted hometown of Nashville, Tennessee to spend time with her family, and her relatives were equally as smitten with the actor: "They loved him and thought he was very polite."
More Taylor Swift News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie