Photos of Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal's Holiday Outing Hit Tabloid
Taylor Swift is serious about her romance with Jake Gyllenhaal - the country sweetheart bonded with his actress sister Maggie Gyllenhaal and her daughter Ramona while staying with her family in New York over the Thanksgiving holiday. The singer was first linked to the "Brokeback Mountain" hunk in October, although they have yet to confirm the relationship and have both dodged questions about their love lives during various interviews.
But their secret is no more - paparazzi snaps of the new couple cuddling and laughing during a stroll in Brooklyn last week have been splashed across the cover and inside pages of America's Us Weekly magazine. The pictures were taken after a trip to a coffee shop in Maggie Gyllenhaal's Park Slope neighborhood on the morning of Thanksgiving, November 25.
Insiders claim Swift's New York visit was a last-minute one - and her decision to ditch her family holiday celebrations in favor of spending time with Gyllenhaal wasn't popular with her mum and dad. A source says, "Jake invited her to New York. It wasn't planned in advance, but she said, 'Why not?' I can do it, and I'm going.' Her parents weren't thrilled, but she explained to them that she gets to see them all the time and wasn't able to spend much time with Jake during the publicity madness."
And Swift, 20, appears to have won over Jake's sister Maggie after helping to prepare the Thanksgiving feast: "Taylor fit right in... She pitched in to cook and clear the dishes. She also seemed very interested in the family and asked them a lot of questions about themselves." The "Love Story" singer even joined Maggie to take four-year-old Ramona for a walk after the meal - and it's their close family ties which have brought Swift and Jake, 29, closer together.
The insider adds, "They are both very family-oriented. Taylor is really into kids and loves Ramona. (Swift and Maggie) just looked like two friends and a child." The couple then flew to Swift's adopted hometown of Nashville, Tennessee to spend time with her family, and her relatives were equally as smitten with the actor: "They loved him and thought he was very polite."
More Taylor Swift News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia