Willow Smith Competing for MTV Brand New Awards
Will Smith's pop star daughter Willow Smith and hip-hop hitmakers Far East Movement are among the newcomers nominated for the MTV Brand New: For 2011 award.
Justin Bieber was last year's winner of the prize, heralding his future as one of 2010's biggest stars. "The Independence Day" actor's 10-year-old daughter, famous for her track "Whip Your Hair", will now compete for the 2011 trophy against much older acts, including electro hip-hop stars Far East Movement, who topped the U.S. charts last month.
Other artists in the running include London rockers The Vaccines, singer Jessie J, rapper Wretch 32, British girlband Ruff Diamondz, Nashville group Mona, singer Jamie Woon, producer Labrinth and singer/songwriter Clare Maguire.
The award is voted for by fans and the winner will be announced on February 1.
More Willow Smith News
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius