Willow Smith Competing for MTV Brand New Awards
Will Smith's pop star daughter Willow Smith and hip-hop hitmakers Far East Movement are among the newcomers nominated for the MTV Brand New: For 2011 award.
Justin Bieber was last year's winner of the prize, heralding his future as one of 2010's biggest stars. "The Independence Day" actor's 10-year-old daughter, famous for her track "Whip Your Hair", will now compete for the 2011 trophy against much older acts, including electro hip-hop stars Far East Movement, who topped the U.S. charts last month.
Other artists in the running include London rockers The Vaccines, singer Jessie J, rapper Wretch 32, British girlband Ruff Diamondz, Nashville group Mona, singer Jamie Woon, producer Labrinth and singer/songwriter Clare Maguire.
The award is voted for by fans and the winner will be announced on February 1.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'