Willow Smith Competing for MTV Brand New Awards
Will Smith's pop star daughter Willow Smith and hip-hop hitmakers Far East Movement are among the newcomers nominated for the MTV Brand New: For 2011 award.
Justin Bieber was last year's winner of the prize, heralding his future as one of 2010's biggest stars. "The Independence Day" actor's 10-year-old daughter, famous for her track "Whip Your Hair", will now compete for the 2011 trophy against much older acts, including electro hip-hop stars Far East Movement, who topped the U.S. charts last month.
Other artists in the running include London rockers The Vaccines, singer Jessie J, rapper Wretch 32, British girlband Ruff Diamondz, Nashville group Mona, singer Jamie Woon, producer Labrinth and singer/songwriter Clare Maguire.
The award is voted for by fans and the winner will be announced on February 1.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'