Willow Smith Competing for MTV Brand New Awards
Will Smith's pop star daughter Willow Smith and hip-hop hitmakers Far East Movement are among the newcomers nominated for the MTV Brand New: For 2011 award.
Justin Bieber was last year's winner of the prize, heralding his future as one of 2010's biggest stars. "The Independence Day" actor's 10-year-old daughter, famous for her track "Whip Your Hair", will now compete for the 2011 trophy against much older acts, including electro hip-hop stars Far East Movement, who topped the U.S. charts last month.
Other artists in the running include London rockers The Vaccines, singer Jessie J, rapper Wretch 32, British girlband Ruff Diamondz, Nashville group Mona, singer Jamie Woon, producer Labrinth and singer/songwriter Clare Maguire.
The award is voted for by fans and the winner will be announced on February 1.
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It