The Clash's Album Story Going Big Screen
Former members of The Clash are re-teaming to make a movie about the creation of their hit album "London Calling". British punk stars Mick Jones and Paul Simonon will act as executive producers on the forthcoming film, which will tell the story of how the classic 1979 record came to be.
Producer Alison Owen says, "Fans of The Clash all over the world have been waiting a long time to see their extraordinary story played out properly and accurately on the big screen. We're happy that Mick and Paul have given the project their blessing and are on board to help steer the ship."
The news comes just weeks after the announcement of plans for a big screen biopic based on the life of late frontman Joe Strummer.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'