The Clash's Album Story Going Big Screen
Former members of The Clash are re-teaming to make a movie about the creation of their hit album "London Calling". British punk stars Mick Jones and Paul Simonon will act as executive producers on the forthcoming film, which will tell the story of how the classic 1979 record came to be.
Producer Alison Owen says, "Fans of The Clash all over the world have been waiting a long time to see their extraordinary story played out properly and accurately on the big screen. We're happy that Mick and Paul have given the project their blessing and are on board to help steer the ship."
The news comes just weeks after the announcement of plans for a big screen biopic based on the life of late frontman Joe Strummer.
- Justin Bieber Shares His Old Mugshot, Reflects on His Troubled Past
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her