The Clash's Album Story Going Big Screen
Former members of The Clash are re-teaming to make a movie about the creation of their hit album "London Calling". British punk stars Mick Jones and Paul Simonon will act as executive producers on the forthcoming film, which will tell the story of how the classic 1979 record came to be.
Producer Alison Owen says, "Fans of The Clash all over the world have been waiting a long time to see their extraordinary story played out properly and accurately on the big screen. We're happy that Mick and Paul have given the project their blessing and are on board to help steer the ship."
The news comes just weeks after the announcement of plans for a big screen biopic based on the life of late frontman Joe Strummer.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction