Johnny Depp Feels Sorry for Hounded Angelina Jolie
Johnny Depp feels sorry for his "The Tourist" co-star Angelina Jolie after witnessing her massive media following while shooting the movie in Italy. The pair share the screen in the new thriller and they spent several months working together on set in Venice, Italy.
Depp admits he saw the "ludicrous" side of celebrity while shooting with the Oscar-winner, as they were constantly trailed by photographers and had to be careful not to be pictured in each other's company.
He tells Vanity Fair magazine, "Poor thing, dogged by paparazzi, her and her husband (sic), Brad... all their kids. There are times when you see how ridiculous is this life, how ludicrous it is, you know, leaving your house every morning and being followed by paparazzi..."
"(We were) having to hide, sometimes not even being able to talk to each other in public because someone will take a photograph and it will be misconstrued and turned into some other s**t".
But Depp has praised Jolie for remaining "incredibly normal" despite her superstar status, and reveals he enjoyed her "wonderfully kind of dark, perverse sense of humor".
More Johnny Depp News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers