Wesley Snipes Ordered to Check Into Prison by Dec. 9
Wesley Snipes must report to prison authorities in Pennsylvania by December 9 to begin his three-year sentence for tax evasion. The "Blade" star and his lawyers have spent two years fighting his 2008 conviction, which found him guilty of failing to file returns or pay tax on earnings of $38 million, dating back to 1999.
He lost his appeal and his battle for a retrial and last month was ordered to turn himself over to authorities to serve time. His attorney Daniel Meachum attempted to keep the actor out of jail by asking a judge in Florida for a bail extension to allow him to lodge another appeal against his conviction.
But federal authorities insist Snipes must turn himself over to officials in nine days - and they've warned him about the consequences he will face if he fails to do so. In a document sent by the U.S. Marshals Service to the actor, obtained by TMZ.com, the officials state: "Failure to report at the designated place and time may result in additional criminal charges."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart