Wesley Snipes Ordered to Check Into Prison by Dec. 9
Wesley Snipes must report to prison authorities in Pennsylvania by December 9 to begin his three-year sentence for tax evasion. The "Blade" star and his lawyers have spent two years fighting his 2008 conviction, which found him guilty of failing to file returns or pay tax on earnings of $38 million, dating back to 1999.
He lost his appeal and his battle for a retrial and last month was ordered to turn himself over to authorities to serve time. His attorney Daniel Meachum attempted to keep the actor out of jail by asking a judge in Florida for a bail extension to allow him to lodge another appeal against his conviction.
But federal authorities insist Snipes must turn himself over to officials in nine days - and they've warned him about the consequences he will face if he fails to do so. In a document sent by the U.S. Marshals Service to the actor, obtained by TMZ.com, the officials state: "Failure to report at the designated place and time may result in additional criminal charges."
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie