Wesley Snipes Ordered to Check Into Prison by Dec. 9
Wesley Snipes must report to prison authorities in Pennsylvania by December 9 to begin his three-year sentence for tax evasion. The "Blade" star and his lawyers have spent two years fighting his 2008 conviction, which found him guilty of failing to file returns or pay tax on earnings of $38 million, dating back to 1999.
He lost his appeal and his battle for a retrial and last month was ordered to turn himself over to authorities to serve time. His attorney Daniel Meachum attempted to keep the actor out of jail by asking a judge in Florida for a bail extension to allow him to lodge another appeal against his conviction.
But federal authorities insist Snipes must turn himself over to officials in nine days - and they've warned him about the consequences he will face if he fails to do so. In a document sent by the U.S. Marshals Service to the actor, obtained by TMZ.com, the officials state: "Failure to report at the designated place and time may result in additional criminal charges."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child