Wesley Snipes Ordered to Check Into Prison by Dec. 9
Wesley Snipes must report to prison authorities in Pennsylvania by December 9 to begin his three-year sentence for tax evasion. The "Blade" star and his lawyers have spent two years fighting his 2008 conviction, which found him guilty of failing to file returns or pay tax on earnings of $38 million, dating back to 1999.
He lost his appeal and his battle for a retrial and last month was ordered to turn himself over to authorities to serve time. His attorney Daniel Meachum attempted to keep the actor out of jail by asking a judge in Florida for a bail extension to allow him to lodge another appeal against his conviction.
But federal authorities insist Snipes must turn himself over to officials in nine days - and they've warned him about the consequences he will face if he fails to do so. In a document sent by the U.S. Marshals Service to the actor, obtained by TMZ.com, the officials state: "Failure to report at the designated place and time may result in additional criminal charges."
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth