Master P to Fight Woman Using His Name for Fake Charity
Rap mogul Master P has threatened to take legal action against a woman in Tennessee who is under federal investigation for using his name to promote a fake charitable organization. Alisa R. Harris is accused of running the Corey Miller Food Foundation and linking various websites for the bogus cause to Master P and his incarcerated brother, Corey 'C-Murder' Miller, without their authorization.
Harris allegedly uses the websites to hire ex-convicts and people on welfare to appeal for cash donations over the phone for the charity, but the scandal was exposed after an investigation by Memphis' Action News 5 network.
Master P has been left fuming by the scam and is seeking to sue over the use of his and his brother's name, insisting he has never heard of Harris. He says, "I have never met her. Don't know who she isÃ¢ï¿½Â¦ Just to have somebody use your name and don't even know you, it's not even fair... This is crazy. She needs to be stopped."
Corey Miller is currently serving time behind bars at Angola State Prison in Louisiana as he appeals a life sentence for the 2002 murder of a 16 year old boy at a local nightclub.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest