Winona Ryder Apologizes to Natalie Portman for Her 'Horrible' Lines
Winona Ryder presented Natalie Portman with a small gift after they finished filming "Black Swan" to apologize for the "horrible" lines she had to deliver as her on-screen rival. Ryder plays a prima ballerina who is replaced by Portman's younger dancer character in a production of Swan Lake in the dark drama - and insists she felt guilty for making so many cruel jibes.
She tells Britain's Total Film magazine, "I wrote (to) Natalie and I got her something when I had finished filming, saying, 'I'm so sorry I had to say all those horrible things.' " But Ryder admits the movie's script resonated with her - since she is now no longer part of Hollywood's crop of young stars.
She adds, "Doing the character was really cool in a way because I'm a bit older and the whole idea (is) there's these young new actresses coming up. I'm sort of 'old school'! I like the idea of being replaced and being older, especially now I've just turned 39."
"When I started acting, I wanted to be like (Rosemary's Baby star) Ruth Gordon, because I was always the kid and always wanted to be older. So it's interesting for me to be older than people now."
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!
- Sara Sampaio Strips Down to Sheer Lingerie in Sultry New Slefie
- Drake Debuts New Song 'Signs' at Louis Vuitton's Paris Fashion Show
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer