Travis Barker Donates Drums Kits to New York Schools
Rocker Travis Barker wants to spread his love of music by donating drum kits to New York schools to encourage at-risk youths to steer clear of drugs and alcohol and channel their energy into making beats.
The Blink-182 drummer has teamed up with H2O star Toby Morse's charitable organization One Life One Chance to promote a life of sobriety among students and they are making special deliveries in the upcoming months to gift select schools in the Big Apple with between 10 to 20 full drum kits a year.
And youngsters at Manhattan's Gramercy Arts High School will be among the first to pick up their sticks. Barker will make an appearance at the facility on December 1, reports TMZ.com.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'