Travis Barker Donates Drums Kits to New York Schools
Rocker Travis Barker wants to spread his love of music by donating drum kits to New York schools to encourage at-risk youths to steer clear of drugs and alcohol and channel their energy into making beats.
The Blink-182 drummer has teamed up with H2O star Toby Morse's charitable organization One Life One Chance to promote a life of sobriety among students and they are making special deliveries in the upcoming months to gift select schools in the Big Apple with between 10 to 20 full drum kits a year.
And youngsters at Manhattan's Gramercy Arts High School will be among the first to pick up their sticks. Barker will make an appearance at the facility on December 1, reports TMZ.com.
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius
- Watch Usher and Future in 'Rivals' Music Video
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jared and Caila Prove Their Strong Bond With Bold Move
- Kim Kardashian Flashes Nipples in Intriguing Ensemble During an Outing in NYC