Travis Barker Donates Drums Kits to New York Schools
Rocker Travis Barker wants to spread his love of music by donating drum kits to New York schools to encourage at-risk youths to steer clear of drugs and alcohol and channel their energy into making beats.
The Blink-182 drummer has teamed up with H2O star Toby Morse's charitable organization One Life One Chance to promote a life of sobriety among students and they are making special deliveries in the upcoming months to gift select schools in the Big Apple with between 10 to 20 full drum kits a year.
And youngsters at Manhattan's Gramercy Arts High School will be among the first to pick up their sticks. Barker will make an appearance at the facility on December 1, reports TMZ.com.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars