Billie Joe Armstrong Joins 50 More 'American Idiot' Shows
Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong is returning to the Broadway stage - he will take part in 50 upcoming performances of his punk rock musical "American Idiot". Armstrong will reprise the role of St. Jimmy in the show inspired by Green Day's songs after original cast member Tony Vincent bows out on December 30, producers announced on Tuesday, November 30.
The rocker - who composed and co-wrote the show - will kick off the New Year as a Broadway star, making appearances from 1 to 9 January in 2011, and again from 18 to 30 January and 10 to 27 February.
Armstrong made his Broadway debut in the show in September, winning over theater critics and sending box office sales soaring above $1 million during his week-long run. The show, which debuted in the Big Apple last April, grossed $600,000 last week.
More Green Day News
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'