Billie Joe Armstrong Joins 50 More 'American Idiot' Shows
Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong is returning to the Broadway stage - he will take part in 50 upcoming performances of his punk rock musical "American Idiot". Armstrong will reprise the role of St. Jimmy in the show inspired by Green Day's songs after original cast member Tony Vincent bows out on December 30, producers announced on Tuesday, November 30.
The rocker - who composed and co-wrote the show - will kick off the New Year as a Broadway star, making appearances from 1 to 9 January in 2011, and again from 18 to 30 January and 10 to 27 February.
Armstrong made his Broadway debut in the show in September, winning over theater critics and sending box office sales soaring above $1 million during his week-long run. The show, which debuted in the Big Apple last April, grossed $600,000 last week.
- Report: John Mayer Dating Natalie Morales
- Report: Jennifer Garner's 'Pregnant and Alone' After Ben Affleck Divorce Filing
- '13 Reasons Why' Is Near Season 2 Renewal on Netflix
- Chris Soules Called 911 After Deadly Car Crash, Tried to Help Victim
- 'Alien: Covenant' New Prologue Reveals 'Prometheus' Big Mystery
- Johnny Depp Surprises Pirates of the Caribbean Riders at Disneyland as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Drake and Draymond Green Mock Each Other in Hilarious Meme War
- Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff to Reunite for First Live Performances in 12 Years