Billie Joe Armstrong Joins 50 More 'American Idiot' Shows
Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong is returning to the Broadway stage - he will take part in 50 upcoming performances of his punk rock musical "American Idiot". Armstrong will reprise the role of St. Jimmy in the show inspired by Green Day's songs after original cast member Tony Vincent bows out on December 30, producers announced on Tuesday, November 30.
The rocker - who composed and co-wrote the show - will kick off the New Year as a Broadway star, making appearances from 1 to 9 January in 2011, and again from 18 to 30 January and 10 to 27 February.
Armstrong made his Broadway debut in the show in September, winning over theater critics and sending box office sales soaring above $1 million during his week-long run. The show, which debuted in the Big Apple last April, grossed $600,000 last week.
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton