Billie Joe Armstrong Joins 50 More 'American Idiot' Shows
Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong is returning to the Broadway stage - he will take part in 50 upcoming performances of his punk rock musical "American Idiot". Armstrong will reprise the role of St. Jimmy in the show inspired by Green Day's songs after original cast member Tony Vincent bows out on December 30, producers announced on Tuesday, November 30.
The rocker - who composed and co-wrote the show - will kick off the New Year as a Broadway star, making appearances from 1 to 9 January in 2011, and again from 18 to 30 January and 10 to 27 February.
Armstrong made his Broadway debut in the show in September, winning over theater critics and sending box office sales soaring above $1 million during his week-long run. The show, which debuted in the Big Apple last April, grossed $600,000 last week.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked