Billie Joe Armstrong Joins 50 More 'American Idiot' Shows
Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong is returning to the Broadway stage - he will take part in 50 upcoming performances of his punk rock musical "American Idiot". Armstrong will reprise the role of St. Jimmy in the show inspired by Green Day's songs after original cast member Tony Vincent bows out on December 30, producers announced on Tuesday, November 30.
The rocker - who composed and co-wrote the show - will kick off the New Year as a Broadway star, making appearances from 1 to 9 January in 2011, and again from 18 to 30 January and 10 to 27 February.
Armstrong made his Broadway debut in the show in September, winning over theater critics and sending box office sales soaring above $1 million during his week-long run. The show, which debuted in the Big Apple last April, grossed $600,000 last week.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'