Janice Dickinson Contemplated Suicide While in Rehab
Model-turned-reality TV star Janice Dickinson contemplated suicide as she battled a prescription drug addiction in rehab after suffering crippling anxiety attacks, insomnia and tremors. The fashion icon signed up to participate in TV series "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" after realizing she had become hooked on sedatives.
The cameras captured Dickinson's hell as she struggled to get clean in July - and the star admits the experience was so difficult, she wanted to take her own life. She tells Britain's OK! magazine, "I was taped 24/7. I went to a treatment center for 18 days. I had panic attacks, tremors, sleepless nights, thoughts of suicide - I was walking around with a lot of fear."
And Dickinson is glad she remained strong - because she's finally kicked her habit. She adds, "I'm shaking as we speak because I'm proud of the recovery I'm in. I'm not in treatment any longer. I have the guidance of a sponsor, I do prayers, meditations and go to meetings."
"You have to take each day at a time. I focus on the gratitude I have in my life - my sobriety, my children, my relationship with (boyfriend) Alex, my dogs, a beautiful day. Life is so worth living now."
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'