Janice Dickinson Contemplated Suicide While in Rehab
Model-turned-reality TV star Janice Dickinson contemplated suicide as she battled a prescription drug addiction in rehab after suffering crippling anxiety attacks, insomnia and tremors. The fashion icon signed up to participate in TV series "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" after realizing she had become hooked on sedatives.
The cameras captured Dickinson's hell as she struggled to get clean in July - and the star admits the experience was so difficult, she wanted to take her own life. She tells Britain's OK! magazine, "I was taped 24/7. I went to a treatment center for 18 days. I had panic attacks, tremors, sleepless nights, thoughts of suicide - I was walking around with a lot of fear."
And Dickinson is glad she remained strong - because she's finally kicked her habit. She adds, "I'm shaking as we speak because I'm proud of the recovery I'm in. I'm not in treatment any longer. I have the guidance of a sponsor, I do prayers, meditations and go to meetings."
"You have to take each day at a time. I focus on the gratitude I have in my life - my sobriety, my children, my relationship with (boyfriend) Alex, my dogs, a beautiful day. Life is so worth living now."
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega's London Play Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat