Janice Dickinson Contemplated Suicide While in Rehab
Model-turned-reality TV star Janice Dickinson contemplated suicide as she battled a prescription drug addiction in rehab after suffering crippling anxiety attacks, insomnia and tremors. The fashion icon signed up to participate in TV series "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" after realizing she had become hooked on sedatives.
The cameras captured Dickinson's hell as she struggled to get clean in July - and the star admits the experience was so difficult, she wanted to take her own life. She tells Britain's OK! magazine, "I was taped 24/7. I went to a treatment center for 18 days. I had panic attacks, tremors, sleepless nights, thoughts of suicide - I was walking around with a lot of fear."
And Dickinson is glad she remained strong - because she's finally kicked her habit. She adds, "I'm shaking as we speak because I'm proud of the recovery I'm in. I'm not in treatment any longer. I have the guidance of a sponsor, I do prayers, meditations and go to meetings."
"You have to take each day at a time. I focus on the gratitude I have in my life - my sobriety, my children, my relationship with (boyfriend) Alex, my dogs, a beautiful day. Life is so worth living now."
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- Watch The Heffleys' Messy Road Trip in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul' First Teaser
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time