Chipmunk Devastated Over Chris Brown Collaboration Leak
British rapper Chipmunk was distraught when his collaboration with Chris Brown leaked online, insisting the news hit him "like a bullet in the heart". An unfinished version of "Champion" featuring Brown on vocals hit the internet last week, months before the release of Chipmunk's upcoming album, "Transition", which is not due out until next year.
And the "Oopsy Daisy" hitmaker admits he was devastated to think fans would hear a less than perfect version of the song, because he worked so hard to line up the duet with Brown. He tells the BBC's Newsbeat, "(It felt) like a bullet hit me in the heart... When it leaked... I was looking at the sky asking, 'God, why? I just didn't understand. The amount of thought process that went into that track, the amount of battles we had for that track."
But the hip-hop star hopes his true devotees will still buy his music despite the leaks. He adds, "I'm not one of those people who's like, 'Ban (music sharing website) Limewire'. As long as there are Macs, as long as there are laptops, as long as there's Safari and Firefox, there's always going to be shared download sites."
"It's down to us as artists to get to that point where, even if someone leaks your stuff, you still have the loyal core supporters who will go out and buy it when it comes out."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March