Chipmunk Devastated Over Chris Brown Collaboration Leak
British rapper Chipmunk was distraught when his collaboration with Chris Brown leaked online, insisting the news hit him "like a bullet in the heart". An unfinished version of "Champion" featuring Brown on vocals hit the internet last week, months before the release of Chipmunk's upcoming album, "Transition", which is not due out until next year.
And the "Oopsy Daisy" hitmaker admits he was devastated to think fans would hear a less than perfect version of the song, because he worked so hard to line up the duet with Brown. He tells the BBC's Newsbeat, "(It felt) like a bullet hit me in the heart... When it leaked... I was looking at the sky asking, 'God, why? I just didn't understand. The amount of thought process that went into that track, the amount of battles we had for that track."
But the hip-hop star hopes his true devotees will still buy his music despite the leaks. He adds, "I'm not one of those people who's like, 'Ban (music sharing website) Limewire'. As long as there are Macs, as long as there are laptops, as long as there's Safari and Firefox, there's always going to be shared download sites."
"It's down to us as artists to get to that point where, even if someone leaks your stuff, you still have the loyal core supporters who will go out and buy it when it comes out."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked